This week Microsoft released a major update of Forefront TMG 2010 and many TMG Admins are very excited with the new features that were announced in the Forefront TMG team blog, such as the support for Kerberos authentication in an array scenario, the improved error pages and the new site activity report. These are already three reasons to apply SP2 on your TMG, but instead of only adding two other features I’m going to give you five more reasons to apply this update. Here are those:
1. Forefront TMG 2010 SP2 makes TMG startup operation ten times faster.
2. Do you remember KB2498831? No need to run that script anymore, with TMG 2010 SP2 a new option was added in the screen to allow you to do that as shown below:
3. Performance improved for cloud migration.
4. Improvement in the E-Mail Protection feature
5. Account lockout enhancements for FBA.
That’s it…go grab TMG 2010 SP2 and remember: in order to apply TMG 2010 SP2 you need TMG 2010 SP1 + Update 1.