ConfiguringOutgoing email settings in SharePoint with Gmail SMTP
2. Go to Start à AdministrativeTools à Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager to open IIS 6.0 à right click on SMTP Server à Properties
3. In Access Tab go to Relay Restrictions
In Relay Restrictions
1) Check “All except the list below”
2) Check“Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay…”
4. Goto message tab and fill in as shown below
5. Go to delivery tab on Outbound Connections, fill in
6. In delivery tab in outbound security
Select basic authentication andin Username provide a Gmail account already configured for POP3
Create and setup a Gmail account to use POP3.
Enabling POP3 in Gmail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273&cbid=wl8yzeug2lob&src=cb&lev=topic
Check TLS Encryption : this is important as Gmail accepts SMTP connection with SSL only.
7. In delivery tab, click on advance and provide the details
8. Now in SharePoint Central Admin we have to setup outgoing email settings with using local SMTP Server we just configured
Great Post! You saved my life!! Thank you
hola muchas gracias por este post, sin embargo cuando hice el procedimiento en la tercera gráfica no aparece la casilla de verificación
" [ ] Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above "
hay algún inconveniente con esto..
y lo otro, como puedo verificar si ya quedó correctamtente configurado y como puedo hacer una prueba. gracias
Thank you for posting this, it is very clear and helpful.
The set up of Gmail was straightforward and I followed these steps to configure SMTP and SharePoint. It worked perfectly. The whole process took about 15 minutes and I had emails being sent from a Nintex workflow.
This was so great - I also used it to allow my network printers to scan to email via Exchange Online when they didn't support TLS encryption. Thank you so much!!!
Thank you very much its working....
Thanks for your valuable post. Its clear, and saved me from spending time! Great!
I configured the outgoing emails and it worked perfectly but after some time gmail is not delivering emails. Is there any limit and gmail allows to use smtp service ?
Bonjour , j'ai suivi les étapes mais j'ai pas reçu un email lorsque je fais une alerte !!
I configured the SMTP server as you explain it.
But when I configure SharePoint and I press "Ok", I get the error : "unknown error".
Can anybody help me please ?
I am searching the solution for several hours.
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much its working like charm.
Suggested to my client and it works
Really nice site and it is more complete and simple research. I thank you very much for those relaxing moments.
voyance par mail - http://www.ma-voyance-par-mail.com
Voyance gratuite par mail - http://www.roselyne-augustin.com
Thank you for your post! It was very helpful
Thanks. Worked for me.
Thanks.This will be great help to sharepoint community