There is a really valuable blog post on the Hey Scripting Guy! blog that explains how to install and configure WSUS on Windows Server 2012 using PowerShell. Enjoy!
P.S. we're looking at improving our own PowerShell coverage in WSUS in the future as part of our work towards compliance with Microsoft's Common Engineering Criteria. If there are scenarios you find particularly painful or just missing, please let us know in the comments below. We'll consider and respond to every piece of feedback!
I'm glad that you guys are continuing to improve on the existing UpdateServices module! I guess I will be the first to leave my comments on things that I would like to see in the next release.
I guess I could use my own module: PoshWSUS (http://poshwsus.codeplex.com) as things that I would like to see added in future releases to your module.
If I had to narrow it down to a top 8, then I would go with the following items:
1. Create/Remove/Get Target Groups
2. Remove computers from Target Groups
3. Get/Set email notifications
4. Start/Stop synchronization
5. Get/Create/Set/Remove Install approval rules
6. Get synchronizationhistory
7. Get WSUS events
8. Get members of a Target Group