I am very pleased to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 RC will be available to the general public today, May 26, via the Connect Site.
All you have to do is sign in to your Connect account or sign up now in order to participate in the RC program.This program is available to all registered and authenticated users of Connect.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 RC Overview
· Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
· Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server 2008 R2
· Support for Windows 7 client
· Auto-approval rules now include the ability to specify the approval deadline date and time for all computers or specific computer groups.
· Improved handling of language selection for downstream servers includes a new warning dialog that appears when you decide to download updates only for specified languages.
· WSUS 3.0 SP2 can be installed as an in-place upgrade from earlier versions of WSUS and will preserve all of your settings and approvals. The user interface is compatible between WSUS 3.0 SP1 and SP2 on the client and the server.
· New Update and Computer Status reports provide the ability to filter on updates approved for installation. You can run these reports from the WSUS console or use the API to incorporate this functionality into your own reports.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· Fixed setup issues with database servers running Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.
· A new release of Windows Update Agent is included with WSUS 3.0 SP2 that provides improvements and fixes, such as support for APIs called by non-local system callers in a non-interactive session.
For more information about this release refer to the Release Notes for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 RC.
Thank you very much for your participation. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
WSUS Program Manager
Looks like Cecilia Cole announced the availability of the WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 Release Candidate over
What is with the very bright orange website??????
This article was first published on Downloadtube.com blog
Get Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 RC From Microsoft ConnectMicrosoft has just announced the availability of Windows Server Update...
When will we get the ability to specify the download source per computer group? Or better yet, when will we get the ability to define network locations (e.g. on premise and out of office) so that we can specify that people who are connected via low-bandwidth VPN don't download hundreds of megabytes from the internal WSUS server, but from the public MS Update server?
Applications like Symantec Endpoint Protection support this ...
High level features include: New Windows Server and Client Version Support · Integration with
После трех месяцев после окончания WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta началась программа по тестированию RC версии WSUS,...
When I tried to installed SP2 RC on WSUS with SP2 Beta, it said that the database is not compatible.
Does this version support using a sql database on a remote server, with the front end server running as a domain controller also?
I want to consolidate the SQL on the SQL server...
Does anybody know if the RC only supports a max of 100 computer objects? I have near 150 total servers/desktops, but only 100 are showing up in the WSUS console. I am not able to find any documentation or notes stating such a limit.
When I installed the WSUS Admin Console from the x64 version of the SP2 RC, on Windows 7 (x64), it said I must install a verion of Microsoft .NET Framework 2 first!? :S
is a public link available to the Release Notes of Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2?
Looks like Cecilia Cole announced the availability of the WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 Release Candidate overwww.maviyesilege.com
So when's is being released for good?
http://www.kodes.com Hiphop, Rap, Ceza, sagopa, Kolera
http://www.gekkog.com Hiphop, Rap, Gekko G
Hi, Please confirm whether SP2 its fully released,
i.e. can we install to the production?