I am very pleased to announce that WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta is available today, January 26, via the Connect Site. All you have to do is sign in to your Connect account or sign up now in order to participate in the Beta program.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Overview
· Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
· Support for Windows 7® client
· Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server® 2008 R2
· New functionality lets you specify the approval deadline date and time.
· You can now apply a rule to all computers or to specific computer groups.
· This release provides improved handling of language selection on downstream servers. A new warning dialog appears when you download updates only for specified languages.
· The user interface is compatible between Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for WSUS 3.0 on both the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· Fixed setup issues with database servers running Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.
Thank you very much in advance for your participation. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
WSUS Program Manager
Today the WSUS product group launched the WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 beta program over on our Connect site
Nice job team. WSUS 3.0 SP2 has released to Beta . You can get it by registering on Microsoft Connect
Today the WSUS product group launched the WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 beta program over on our Connect
I have it on my Connect Dashboard but no content exists when I go to http://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=110 it states "The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it. "
Probably not addressed in SP2 but maybe for a future release (as I don't think SP1 is capable):
The ability to import a Microsoft non-security update into WSUS. I know you can bring them in from the Windows Catalog but not all updates are there (such as KB950582 for Windows XP/2003) at last check.
Same issue here as well: The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.
It seems like the Connect site was having issues, I can download content now, thanks!!
La version beta du service pack 2 de Windows Server Update Services 3.0 (WSUS) vient d’être annoncé en
Hopefully this new version will include some better reporting which WSUS has always been terrible at.
What about the "problem" that a single driver updates will cause a massive amount of different updates, like it happened with a ATI Driver for example.
Will there be an improvement?
Why would you want to globally release driver updates through WSUS, anyway? Too risky, and can create more problems than it solves.
I only use driver Updates over WSUS in special cases if they are really needed. It should be possible to have an overview what drivers WSUS has to offer without thousand of useless entries (which cannot even distinguished because they have the exact same description).
Oh, and a second thing. Please extend the Command Line Tool, so i can script ALL Tasks that the "Server Cleanup Wizard" has to offer. Thanks.
Yeah, integration with powershell sounds good.
As of now we have some views to show download progress of updates and must run net stop WsusService when have to install updates for SQL Server instance on which WSUS Service resides. Of course main part of work is done in management console.