Good morning folks!
I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that on 03/18 , Windows Vista SP1 was made available for Windows Vista systems in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
For WSUS users, the Standalone Package of the Service Pack and its prerequisites will be available on the MU Catalog Tuesday March 25 but before that, there are a few things to take into consideration:
- This process applies to WSUS 3.0 RTM and SP1 servers only.
- If you are running your WSUS server on a Windows 2003 Server, you will first need to download and install the WinTrustVerify update (KB 938759) on that server.
Procedure for importing the Vista SP1 standalone package into a WSUS 3.0 server
1. Make sure KB 938759 has been installed on the server. If it has not been installed, the subsequent steps to import of Vista SP1 will fail.
2. Open the WSUS Administrator console, then expand the Update Services node, then the node for the WSUS Server.
3. Right-click the Updates node and select “Import Updates” which will open the Microsoft Update Catalog web site in a new browser window.
4. In the Microsoft Update Catalog site, search for “Vista SP1” and click Search.
5. In the Microsoft Update Catalog results, choose the option to "Add" the following packages into the download basket:
6. To import the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone packages, Add “Windows Vista Service Pack 1 – Standalone (x86)” and/or “Windows Vista Service Pack 1 – Standalone (x64)”
7. Once the packages are selected, click the ‘View basket’ option.
8. Confirm the selections then click “Import” to import the selected packages and any prerequisites into the WSUS Server. Once complete, click "Close" to close the Import Progress window and close the Microsoft Update Catalog site in the browser.
9. In the Windows Service Update Services administrator console, confirm the appropriate packages and prerequisites are available.
Note: for details on the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 1 Standalone versions, please read the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Deployment Guide.
To learn about know caveats when upgrading to Windows Vista Service Pack 1, please read KB 948343.
Also, for more details on this release, check out the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 TechNet site.
Please, note that even though this update is only available on the MU catalog site now, it will eventually be released to WSUS as a Service Pack, so it will flow to WSUS servers at a future date. Details on how this will work will be provided in an upcoming KB.
WSUS Program Manager
If you haven't read it already, this post by Cecilia Cole at Microsoft is extremely helpful and concise.
How do I deploy Vista SP1 if I have WSUS 2.0 SP1 on Windows 2000 server? The above article seems to be applicable for WSUS 3.0 RTM and SP1 servers only
Hello WSUS user,
As you might recall, WSUS 2.0 does not integrate with the Microsoft Update Catalog site, therefore these steps do not apply to that particular WSUS release.
In this case, you have two options. One is to wait until Vista SP1 flows automatically at a later date or upgrade to WSUS 3.0 or 3.1.
I hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
I can not upgrade to WSUS 3.0/3.1 since they dont support Windows 2000. I have a working WSUS server on Windows 2000 and don't need the new features of WSUS 3.0, and hence will not setup a new WSUS server.
I will wait for Vista SP1 to flow down automatically. I hope it is soon.
[Today's post comes to us courtesy of  Justin Crosby and Chris Puckett] If you are considering updating
[ 来自 Justin Crosby 和 Chris Puckett] 如果您正在考虑升级您的 Windows Vista 电脑到 SP1 ，请关注以下 KB ——它解释了为什么在某些情况下 Vista
The article is great. However I am running into some problems. I am running WSUS 3.0 and after I download the Vista sp1 patch, and put it on the server the server does not see the patch.
IT Pros & WSUS admins, We are excited about Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and the benefits it provides.
Windows Vista Team Blog : Automatic distribution of Windows Vista SP1 begins today: http://windowsvistablog
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) als automatisches Update
WSUS still get no Vista SP1 automatically
You can manually add SP1 for Vista, but this manuall Update will not supersede any older Vista Hotfix automatically.
Also strange is
metioned for the 27.05
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) • Updated applicability rules.
• Binaries have not changed.
• This update does not have to be reinstalled.
But there is nothing....
Im WSUS Produkt-Team Blog gibt es jedoch eine recht feine Anleitung, wie man das Vista SP1 in den WSUS
Any hints yet as to when Vista SP1 will be available via WSUS?
Hi everyone, Quick update on Windows Vista SP1’s availability to WSUS. As I mentioned previously, we