Dear WSUS users,
I am very excited to announce the release of WSUS 3.0 SP1, now live and ready for download! This is a significant release that represents a huge milestone for all involved and we thank you greatly for your feedback and support throughout the life cycle of this project.
WSUS 3.0 SP1 can be installed stand-alone or as an in place upgrade to WSUS 2.0 SP1 or WSUS 3.0 RTM.
The improvements that SP1 offers compared to WSUS 3.0 RTM include:
· Support for Windows Server 2008
· Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008
· Enhanced bulk approval capability, preserving existing approvals
· Support for separate proxy servers and ports for SSL and non SSL traffic
· Better performance
· Detailed computer reports that can be imported to Excel
For those of you who are still on WSUS 2.0, a description of the new features in WSUS 3.0 RTM is quite long and can be found in the overview guide.
WSUS 3.0 SP1 is now located at the Microsoft Download Center. It will also be released via Microsoft Update, the Catalog, and WSUS in late March. To download and to obtain installation instructions, please visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F87B4C5E-4161-48AF-9FF8-A96993C688DF&displaylang=en
Congratulations team and WSUS community on this great milestone, enjoy!
WSUS Program Manager