On 9 February 2007 we released a Windows Time Zone Update Rollup, KB 931836 to the Download Center. This update rollup replaces KB 928388 (global time zone update) and KB 929120 (W. Australia Time Zone Update). It includes all the time zone changes in the previously released time zone updates and additional time zone changes that were adopted and announced after we created KB 928388.
KB931836 will be available on MU and through WSUS on February 13, 2007 as well.
We would like to alert our customers as this is a slight change from what I bloged on Dec. 13th, 2005 when we indicated the Windows Time Zone Update (KB 928388) was going to be assigned a high priority or critical classification for the February 13th release.
While the Windows time zone update will be categorized as an Update Rollup and hence offered automatically to customers who signed-up for Automatic Updates, it will be under KB 931836. At the same time as the update roll-up goes out, KB 928388 and KB 929120 will become superseded. A few additional noteworthy considerations:
- KB 931836 installs over any previously installed time zone update (KB 928388 or KB 929120 or both of them). Customers do not need to uninstall any of the previous KBs to install the update rollup.
- KB 931836 is cumulative, so it includes all changes that KB 928388 and 929120 included. Customers who have not installed the previous time zone update only need to install KB 931836 to have the latest time zone data
- Customers who already deployed KB 928388 should evaluate if any of the 6 specific time zone changes addressed in KB 931836 merit deploying this update immediately. If systems are not directly affected, deployment can be scheduled at the next available opportunity. Microsoft recommends that all customers standardize on the most current Windows cumulative time zone update to ensure consistency of the time zone database on all systems.
- Customers who use SMS ITMU will be able to use ITMU to deploy the update as it is classified as an Update Rollup.
- Outlook and Exchange tools and patches are available and will be released on Office Update and Microsoft Update and available to WSUS on Feb 13th as well.
For more information please go to our Microsoft DST 2007 portal: http://www.microsoft.com/dst2007.