Your Guide to the Latest Windows Server Product Information
1. Use one of the following methods to open Server Manager:
o Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
o Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
o Click the Quick Launch bar, and then click Server Manager.
2. Click the Check for New Roles task in the Security Information section.
3. Follow the instructions and open Windows Update.
4. Click Check for updates.
5. Click View available updates.
6. Close the Server Manager and Initial Configuration Tasks windows, if they are open.
7. Select and install Update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518).
Note If WSUS 3.0 SP1 is already installed on your computer, you do not have to complete the remaining steps. The Windows Server Update Services server role will show up in Server Manager as an installed server role.
2. On the Server Manager home page, click Add Roles in the Roles Summary section.
3. On the Select Roles page of the Add Roles Wizard, click Windows Server Update Services in the list of available server roles.
4. Follow the instructions in the Add Roles Wizard to complete the installation.
Comments in this blog are open and monitored for each post for a period of one week after the posting date. If you have a specific question about a blog post that is older than one week, please submit your question via our Twitter handle @WindowsServer