Your Guide to the Latest Windows Server Product Information
What a Launch Wave it has been! I've just returned from celebrating Windows Server 2008 with many of you all over the world. It was great to hear your stories and see how Windows Server 2008 will fit into many of your organizations. For those of you who were not able to attend a launch event, check out www.heroescommunitylaunch.com to find a community event in your area. Also make sure to check out the Virtual Launch Experience at www.heroeshappenhere.com/vle.
On another note, we are still doing some very cool things around Windows Server 2008. Check out the information below.
Win a Windows Home Server!
Evalu’08 and you could win! Download a free trial or take a Virtual Lab of Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008 or other Microsoft Server products and be entered for a chance to win an HP MediaSmart Server powered by Windows Home Server software. To sign up and to view the official rules, visit Evalu’08.
Knowledge Base Article: How to extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period
This article describes how to extend, or re-arm, the windows Server 2008 evaluation period up to 240 days.
Test Drive Windows Server 2008
The Windows Server 2008 test drive allows you to try the latest release from Microsoft instantly. By simply logging onto our test-drive environment using your web browser, you will be able to experience Windows Server 2008 first hand through a collection of short virtual labs and video walk-throughs.
Webcast Series: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008
Watch these 90-minute Windows Server 2008 webcasts and learn how your organization can leverage the enhancements in Windows Server 2008 improve your organization's networking infrastructure and security, server performance and reliability, remote resource access, and client deployment. Subject matter experts break down what these upgrades mean for your environment and how to take advantage of them. Tune in for live webcasts and stream or download webcasts for on-demand viewing.
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 1 of 24): Overview (Level 200)
Presenter: Keith Combs
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 2 of 24): Server Virtualization with Hyper-V Features and Architecture (Level 200)
Presenter: Kevin Remde
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 3 of 24): Managing Hyper-V (Level 200)
Presenter: John Baker
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 4 of 24): Presentation Virtualization with Terminal Services RemoteApp (Level 200)
Presenter: Chris Avis
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 5 of 24): Terminal Services Gateway and Terminal Services Web Access (Level 200)
Presenter: Blain Barton
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 06 of 24): Deploying and Migrating to Terminal Server (Level 200)
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 7 of 24): IIS 7.0 Overview and Architecture (Level 200)
· TechNet Webcast: 24 Hours of Windows Server 2008 (Part 8 of 24): IIS 7.0 Advanced Management (Level 200),
Presenter: Shawn Travers
Hopefully this information will continue to help you with your questions and deployments of Windows Server 2008.
- Justin Graham
Comments in this blog are open and monitored for each post for a period of one week after the posting date. If you have a specific question about a blog post that is older than one week, please submit your question via our Twitter handle @WindowsServer