When you plug a USB device to a Windows 7 computer, a pop-up indicating“One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it” appears.
Meanwhile, in device manager, you will find an error code 43 “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”.
Please try the steps below:
1. Make sure the BIOS is up-to-date.
2. Reinstall USB controllers:
First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:
1) Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.
2) In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
3) Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.
3. If the above steps cannot resolve the problem, try the steps below:
1) Turn the laptop off, unplug it.
2) Pulled out the battery for a few minutes.
3) Then power on the laptop.