So your a partner/IT Pro or just a developer that has access to MSDN but no access to Volume Licensing! hmmmmmm How do I get the MDOP 2009 for testing!? I want to test App-V 4.5 CU1?? I want to test MED-V?? etc etc
I hear this a lot, and get emailed a lot with this question so i thought i would blog it!
Firstly you need to get msdn access (in other words you need to buy a subscription!)
1. Go to http://www.msdn.com
2. Click to My MSDN Subscription and click the subscription Benefit “Download and Product Keys – VS Pro with MSDN Premium (Retail)
3. Log-in using Passport account
3. Once logged in, look under the Search Products section on the left hand side
4) Now under the categories we are looking for the Server section, under this section you will see the Desktop Optimisation Pack.
5) Once you select that you will have a new pane on the right under Downloads, the latest version of this is Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2009 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English) , click the download to the right and that’s it! away you go!!
Now you should be able to download the MDOP and start playing and testing all the cool MDOP 2009 tools. Which Includes App-V 4.5 CU1!
Where is the App-V 4.5 CU1 Terminal Services client?
We’ve had a few support calls on this so I wanted to send out a friendly reminder on how to obtain Cumulative
clear as mud.
that is, installing the application Virtualization client.
can't find it. spent hours creating the MSI file and now I can install it on the clients.
I am assuming this is because Microsoft needs yet more money from me?
Whats the problem with the installation that you are having.... ? Remembering that this post was released in 2009....
Whats the issue you are actually having?
Hello. I am having difficulty FINDING the Desktop Client for App-V 4.5. I have downloaded the SW_CD_App_Virt_CAL_for_TS_4.5_English_CUL!_MLF_X15-51720.EXE, When I unzip it, I get a folder with two folders, Documents and Installers. In the Installers folder, I have a folder named Client. In the Client folder are Setup.exe and Setup.msi. When I run Setup.exe it installs the prerequisites fine, then tells me "Error 25001.Microsoft Application Virtualization Client for Remote Desktop Services requires that Remote Desktop Services is installed on the system." Apparently this is NOT the Desktop Client, so where is it? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thank you.