Infrastructure Planning and Design guides have been updated with the introduction of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) version 4.5. Download the entire IPD series or download the individual guide.
This guide provides you with key information to bring your infrastructure up to date, saving you time and money. Find out how App-V’s HTTP streaming of virtual applications from an IIS server will impact your performance and scalability decisions. Using App-V 4.5 with its many new features to strategically plan your application virtualization infrastructure can help you avoid problems before they begin, allowing you to serve your customers more accurately and reliably.
Use these guides to determine the scope of the services to be provided and choose to partially or completely redesign your infrastructure. Have confidence in knowing that the steps in each phase are described in detail and that the necessary tools are provided to manage the process.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
· Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Hopefully this will get your detailed designs for App-V 4.5 blasting along!
p.s. Also why not join the betas!
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design series guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the beta guides.
To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta on the Microsoft Connect Web site.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
3. Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process.
If the link in step 1 does not work for you, copy the link and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
App-V 4.5 Overview
Vista Microsoft Deployment
PingBack from http://www.ditii.com/2008/09/16/app-v-45-new-infrastructure-planning-and-design-guide/