The Peps over in Boston Released the OpsMgr Management Pack for testing RC up on connect!
To simplify Application Virtualization Server management, the App-V team is excited to make available a RC version of our App-V 4.5 System Center Operations Manager 2007 Management Pack (OpsMgr 2007 MP). It has just been posted over on the Microsoft Connect site (http://connect.microsoft.com). This OpsMgr 2007 MP only supports version 4.5 servers; it does not support previous SoftGrid server versions and MOM 2005.
The Management Pack is designed to maximize Application Virtualization Server availability for handling Application Virtualization Client requests. The Application Virtualization Server health status is color-coded:
· No color indicates that the server is running without non-recoverable errors.
· Yellow indicates that one of the components is not functioning correctly. The overall functionality of the server is degraded but the server is still available.
· Red indicates that the server is not available and it cannot provide key services or it cannot communicate with external service dependencies.
Health Status change is triggered when an Application Virtualization Server logs a tracked error or warning to the local System Event Log under the Application Virtualization heading. Over 60 unique errors are tracked and these errors are mapped to information about how to fix or further troubleshoot the issue.
The Management Pack monitors the following aspects of server health:
1. Server Status—monitors server events to validate that the server is providing its expected services.
2. Data Store Access—tracks the ability of the Application Virtualization Management Server(s) to access and communicate with the Application Virtualization Data Store.
3. Content Data Access—monitors access to the Content directory, which might be a local directory or a network share, and the ability to read the requested files.
4. Security—reports errors with the Application Virtualization Server’s certificate and secure communications.
5. Client Request Handling—monitors the ability of the Application Virtualization Server(s) to handle and correctly respond to client requests. These requests include publishing configuration requests, package load requests, out of sequence requests, etc.
6. Server Configuration—checks the configuration settings of the Application Virtualization Server. These configuration settings include the settings in the Registry and in the Application Virtualization Data Store.
The following items indicate the main differences between the Application Virtualization Management Server and the Application Virtualization Streaming server areas of the Management Packs:
· Application Virtualization Management Servers can provide publishing, streaming, management, and reporting services. Therefore, the Management Pack can manage more aspects of the Management Server compared to the Streaming Server, which only provides package streaming.
· The Streaming Server does not have a Data Store, therefore, data store access is not monitored. The configuration information for the Streaming Server is managed in the registry.
· The Streaming Server does not use the Server Management Console interface; use other tools to manage the configuration.
The OpsMgr 2007 MP will be translated into all the languages supported by the Application Virtualization Server.
We hope this OpsMgr 2007 MP will make it easier to manage App-V 4.5!
PingBack from http://www.ditii.com/2008/07/31/app-v-opsmgr-2007-management-pack/