This caught my eye specifically due to the System Center Virtual Machine Manager addition to the IPD guide! This is a great resource that can help you rapidly get to your end goal!
We are pleased to announce that the Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Beta has been updated! We have added the System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, System Center Operations Manager 2007, and Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0 guides to our beta. Beta members can download the content now.
If you aren’t currently an IPD beta member, follow the instructions below or visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Website.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
· Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design series guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the beta guides.
To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta on the Microsoft Connect Web site.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
3. Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process.
If the link in step 1 does not work for you, copy the link and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
System Center Operations Manager on Microsoft TechNet
System Center Operations Manager evaluation software on Microsoft TechNet
Internet Information Services Online (iis.net)
Windows Server 2008 Solution Accelerators on Microsoft TechNet
PingBack from http://www.ditii.com/2008/06/17/infrastructure-planning-and-design-guides-beta/