Just to update the release on SoftGrid 4.1 SP1 HFRU1 Bits
4.2 has also got a HFRU to accompany this!!!
This cumulative update for SoftGrid v4.1 SP1 and v4.2 provides the latest updates to SoftGrid. In addition to stability improvements, this update contains the following changes:
• Improvements to package upgrade when you import upgraded sequencings into the SoftGrid Server Management Console snap-in.
• Improvements to package downgrade operation.
• Improvements to nonpaged pool usage when you sequence large applications.
• Improvements when you sequence applications that use both the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and the .NET Framework 2.0.
• Improvements to command-line parameter handling of virtualized child processes.
This update also provides the following new capabilities:
• Support for MSI Utility for Microsoft Application Virtualization.
• Support for SoftGrid Server components that run under WOW64 in 64-bit versions of Windows.
Just a reminder
MSI Utility for Microsoft Application Virtualization
The MSI Utility for Microsoft Application Virtualization extends virtual application deployment options when a SoftGrid Virtual Application Server is not available. The MSI Utility enables the distribution of virtual applications without streaming using SoftGrid 4.1 SP1 or SoftGrid 4.2, providing a bridge to the richer deployment scenarios offered by Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5. Specifically, the MSI Utility uses Windows Installer to load and configure virtual applications, extending deployment methods to ESD systems as well as other methods such as network shares, removable disks, and memory keys.
This release also includes support for Windows 2003 Terminal Services!
PingBack from http://geeklectures.info/2008/01/02/42-hotfix-rollup-1/