After upgrading the SharePoint 2007 Database via database attach method to SharePoint 2010 we might observe
· The 2007 Approval workflows were no longer available/Visible for users to create new workflows
· In SharePoint 2010 the 2007 workflows are there to allow any running workflows to complete, but by default creating new instances of the workflows is disabled as the expectations are that you will want to move forward to the SharePoint 2010 workflows.
1- The following steps must be taken to enable 2007 workflows after upgrading to SharePoint 2010:
· Go to Site Actions ->Site Settings->Site Collection Administration->Site collection features
· Activate ‘SharePoint 2007 Workflows’
· Remove ‘none’ from <AssociationCategories>none</AssociationCategories>
· Associate Workflow
· Go to Shared Documents, Library Settings, Add a Workflow
· Select legacy Workflow.
Note : Please take a back up of Reviewapproval.xml,ReviewFeedback.xml,Signatures.xml before doing the modification, the above solution is not verfied after we install any new update.. chances are there that these files might get replaced in future update.. please have a backup of working files as well.
I've done above steps as you sugessted still i can't able to see the default OOB workflows Approval ,Collect Feedback ,Collect Signatures .i understand with couple of ohter blogs before migration all workflows has set to pause or completed ? please clarify me if yes i've already done migration from sharepoint 2007 to 2010 waht would be the best Resolution ..
The instruction in the Resolution section is not clear. Are you saying you need to remove "none" from all 3 XML files?
Hi David, Yes we have to remove "none"
is this available only for OOTB wf's or SPD workflows too?
After editing the xml files you must do an iisreset.
I am not able to copy moss 2007 workflow from designer to SharePoint 2010 desiner