During a well-planned initiative to improve business capabilities, a business achieves valuable results throughout the transformation, not just at the end of the project. To help ensure that value can be demonstrated and that a business is achieving objectives, a project team or architecture board can measure and track an initiative’s progress according to specified indicators.
To help a business track established KPI’s and measure value being realized during a project, a Microsoft Architect performs the Value Management Service.
When we perform value management, we measure and validate KPI’s that are integrated with the company’s commitments, its scorecard, and its cadence.
The Value Management Service:
During the Value Management Service, a Microsoft Architect performs many activities, including:
The Value Management Service helps ensure that the plan developed during the Value Planning Serviceis put into action in a way that stakeholders can measure and acknowledge benefits.
The Value Management Service provides a constant focus on delivery of projected business benefits, with full visibility of progress against an agreed plan. A business obtains:
To perform the Value Management service, a Microsoft Architect works with the account team, business and IT stakeholders, and the management and steering committees for the program of change.
1. We verify value measurement approach, confirming key metrics and KPIs that will be used to measure program benefits and costs.
2. We track program costs and benefits, collecting, analyzing, categorizing, and summarizing costs and benefits realized during the current reporting period and on a cumulative basis for the program.
3. We identify and mitigate risks to value realization. We review risks identified through program governance, risk and compliance efforts and adjust value realization projections based on the selected approach to risk mitigation.
4. We periodically aggregate and summarize value realization, measuring the costs and benefits realized by the program. We adjust future projections of value realization based on known risks.
5. We drive acknowledgement of value realization, gaining consensus of value to program stakeholders realized through the program of change.