Expert: Margaret Valentine; email@example.com
Get Current on Technical Certifications before May 2010
As we transition to MPN, we responded to partner and customer feedback by ensuring partners are improving their capabilities and using current Microsoft technology.
• Competencies are evolving along with the MPN and, as a result, exam requirement policy is being updated to “N-1” and old exams are being retired in May 2010.
• Follow these steps to ensure you’re prepared for the upcoming changes impacting your competencies:
• Download the “Value of Earning a Microsoft Competency” guide, which contains specific information about the new competencies and their exam requirements.
• Identify which new exams are available for you to take in order to remain compliant in your competency(ies).
• Prepare for your exams with the Learning Plan Tool and locate a Prometric testing center near you to register for an exam.
Please start working on passing exams NOW. Don’t wait until May 2010.
We are pleased to announce a new Microsoft Partner Network subscription: Microsoft Action Pack Development and Design – available May 24, 2010.
Designed for developers and web designers, this subscription gives you the latest software releases and platform technologies, key development and testing tools, technical support, business development resources, and broad market visibility to help you develop innovative solutions cost-effectively, identify new market opportunities, and achieve your business goals. All for a very low annual fee of $429.
For VARs and solution providers, we are pleased to announce new benefits for the Microsoft Action Pack Solution Provider subscription, including a subscription to TechNet (partner edition), visibility in Microsoft customer directories, access to industry analyst research webinars, sales skills training and support webinars.
Expert: Tom Paone, David Burmingham and Jonathan Summers; firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtualization promises higher levels of availability and easier disaster recovery, however, exactly how is that achieved? SteelEye’s Director of Product Management, David Bermingham, takes a look at Hyper-V availability options and explains the different levels of availability achievable though server portability, live migration, failover clustering and multi-site clusters. David then explains how SteelEye works to extend to core functionality of the Hyper-V availability solutions to unlock Advanced Availability and Disaster Recovery for Hyper-V using SteelEye DataKeeper Cluster Edition.
Watch the Weekly Webcast on this subject at: https://www112.livemeeting.com/cc/microsoft/view?id=WestWeekly-33
To view simply enter your name and the case-sensitive recording key: WestUS1
UPCOMING- 3/26/10: Improve your marketing-driven B2B lead generation with Mac McIntosh
*For all other West Region Partner announcements visit the West Region MPN Homepage.