Josh Condie – Great updates, training and marketing resources for SMB cloud partners, below:
Feb 29, 2012
IN THIS ISSUE…
Offers & Incentives
Office 365 “Your Office, Your Terms” Upcoming Events for Women in Business
Your Office, Your Terms campaign continues in celebration of Women’s History Month, a time to celebrate women, learn about their impact and simply connect. Throughout the month of March, we will host special events and activities to help fuel collaboration and networking amount women professionals and the business community. Questions? Email USMOSG@microsoft.com.
IN-PERSON EVENT: Networking Event to Support “Belle of the Ball” – March 13, 2012 (Costa Mesa, CA)
Join us for a premier networking event for small business owners with the goal of raising awareness and helping women interested in entrepreneurship and building their business. In addition to networking, attendees are asked to bring a donation in support of "Belle of the Ball."
· Trina Fleming, Director of Operations & Marketing, WHW (Women Helping Women/Men2Work)
· Linda Young, Managing Partner & Director of Special Events and Creative Design (Elite OC Productions)
· Glen Llopis, Founder, Center for Hispanic Leadership and Center for Innovation & Humanity
· Maureen Rhyne, Ph.D., President, NAWBO
· Carol Spowart – CEO, Eastman Technologies
This event is open to aspiring and current venture capitalist, entrepreneurs, small business owners, technologists and investors and is free to those who attend (this is an open event for females and males) to network and connect.
“Belle of the Ball,” is an annual event hosted by Orange Coast College, WHW (Women Helping Women/Men2Work), Girls Incorporated of Orange County and Orangewood Children’s Foundation to provide at risk teens with an opportunity to experience their high school prom despite financial and social challenges. The agencies have served 835 girls with a goal of serving 350 this year.
IN-PERSON EVENT: Networking Event with Starvest Partners, Women Innovate Mobile, Babesta & Golden Seeds – March 26, 2012 (New York, NY)
Microsoft Office 365 is sponsoring this premier networking event with the goal of raising awareness and helping women interested in entrepreneurship and building their business. This event is open to aspiring and current venture capitalist, entrepreneurs, technologists and investors and is free to those who attend (this is an open event for females and males) to network and connect.
· Jeanne Sullivan – VC, Starvest Partners
· Kelly Hoey, Co-Founder, Women Innovate Mobile
· Jennifer Cattaui, CEO Babesta
· Elmira Bayrasli, Independent Writer - Entreventures, Forbes.com
· Peggy Wallace, Managing Director, Golden Seeds
VIRTUAL EVENT: Growing the Economy through Women’s Entrepreneurship & Technology– April 3, 2012 (Live Streaming Video)
Join us for an interactive panel discussion with key industry influencers and entrepreneurs as we discuss topics on how media, technology and government are assisting entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses succeed in growing and marketing their business. Learn more.
Microsoft Your Office, Your Terms: White House Urban Economic Forums – Starting March 5th
Following the popular Feb 3rd Urban Economic Forum, we are excited to announce eight additional forums starting in early March through Mid-May. Expect to see Your Office, Your Terms campaign contributors and bloggers, and Office 365 partners participating regionally.
Birmingham - March 5
Los Angeles - March 22
Las Vegas- week of March 26
Phoenix - week of April 2nd
Columbus - week of April 16
Kansas City - week of April 30
Jacksonville - week of May 7
Detroit-week of May 17
[back to top]
Microsoft Lync Mobile for Office 365 & Lync Online
Lync mobile apps enable you to stay connected, communicate and conference on the go. Mobile apps for Microsoft Lync 2010 take the power of unified communications on-the-go—including rich presence, instant messaging, and audio conferencing, from a single, easy-to-use interface.
· Join conferences with a single touch; no access code or pin number required.
· Stay connected, while controlling your availability using a single, consistent identity; see who's available at a glance and connect over IM or email; set your own status and notification settings so you can stay in touch while protecting your "off-work" time.
· Connect with confidence through channel encryption, transport layer security (TLS) support, and perimeter/internal network protection that help safeguard your communications.
· Read full announcement details on the Office Blog& the Office 365 Blog.
Calls to Action
· Watch the videoto learn more about Lync 2010 mobile app.
· Announce the Lync mobility service internally and encourage employees to download the Lync mobile app, it works by default in Office 365.
· Use the attached thru-partner andto-customer emails to share this announcement with your customers
· Coming soon: New and updated Lync marketing materials in the Ready-to-Go Marketing siteavailable on Microsoft Partner Network.
Lync 2010 for Windows Phone 7
Lync 2010 for iPhone
Lync 2010 for iPad
Lync 2010 for Android
Upcoming Microsoft Office System Tips & Tricks Webcast Series – Now Including Office 365!
Learn how you can work smarter and get your projects done in less time. Tune in to these free webcasts and get insider tips for using Microsoft Office products and servers, such as Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint. Hear from experts, who will show you fast and easy ways to leverage the Microsoft Office system, and walk away with a better understanding of how it can work for you.
· Mar 14: Word 2010: Gathering Information through Forms, and Use Mail Merge to Produce Mass Mailings (9:00 am PST) Collecting information from employees or clients can be a challenging task. Word 2010 gives you three easy options for gathering information: Web forms are distributed on the web, Printed Forms are completed on paper, and Word Forms are viewed and completed in Word. Form fields can also be completed in letters and sent out in mass distribution using Word’s extremely powerful mail merge feature. Labels and envelopes can then be printed to complete the process and get your information in the right hands. Unlock the power of Word through Office 365! Office 365 provides access to your documents anywhere at any time using your company’s personalized SharePoint site. The web based Word application also allows users to open, view, and edit documents using your web browser. Collaboration has also never been easier as your entire team can open and edit documents at the same time with co-authoring.
· Mar 14: OneNote 2010: Work with Specified Controls (11:00 am PST) We’ve learned what OneNote is and how we can use it, now let’s dig deeper to explore specific features such as working with drawing tools or tagging content for easy searches. Today we will learn how to e-mail our notes out and collaborate with others, making it easy to share thoughts and ideas from your notebooks. See how features for recording audio and video allow us to go a step further in creating content for our notes pages. Get online with OneNote using Office 365. Now you can open and store shared Notebooks with your entire team using SharePoint on Office 365. Shared Notebooks allows entire teams take notes and add content in one place at the same time.
Race to Innovate March Cloud 250 Begins Tomorrow!
Current Heat Race: March Cloud 250 The next heat race is underway - the December Cloud 250 – to attain the most Office 365 deployments with US enterprise customers. Be sure to submit your in-progress or completed deployments before February 28th to be eligible to win.
Do You Have an Office 365 Customer Deployment in Progress? Then enter the Race to Innovate! You need to be working on deploying any number of seats in at least one US enterprise customer (company has a total of 250+ PCs) with the expectation of seats deployed by June 15th, 2012. No need to “save up” your submissions, if you don’t win this current round your submitted SOWs will count towards future months. Submit your SOW to enter the race!
The deadline to enter the next Heat Race is March 31st !
Microsoft Office 365 Community Blog
· Lync and Learn – Why SharePoint Online?
· SharePoint Online: Service Update
· Leveraging Office 365 for Project Collaboration – Grid User Post
Hendrick Automotive Group
Hendrick Automotive Group is one of the nation's most successful automotive dealership groups. It offers new and pre-owned vehicles, financing, warranties, automobile parts, accessories, service, and body repair at 90 franchises across 12 states. A small IT team with only 13 people supports more than 7,000 teammates. The company had deployed Microsoft solutions on-premises for messaging, communications, and collaboration, but it was beginning to outgrow its current solutions. It wanted to ensure that it continued to provide the latest technology to attract the best employees, but it wanted to avoid additional hardware and administration. To meet these challenges, Hendrick Automotive Group decided to transition its current solutions to Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based services. It expects to provide a more flexible solution that gives it a competitive edge and keeps its employees productive.Learn more
Naturally Me, a company that makes natural beauty products, needed to go beyond email to help its six employees communicate and collaborate efficiently. The company adopted Microsoft Office 365 and now has the ability to easily share documents, remotely access email and information, and conduct web conferences for meetings and presentations. By using Office 365, the company saves US$7,000 while increasing employee productivity by 25 percent. Learn more
Patagonia, a global provider of outdoor apparel and gear wanted a new solution for unified communications to help employees around the world work better together. The IT staff also needed to upgrade its aging messaging solution. When the company heard about the next-generation online services from Microsoft, it decided to evaluate Microsoft Office 365, which includes the latest version of the Microsoft Office Professional Plus desktop suite. Based on a pilot test of Office 365, Patagonia expects employees to communicate more effectively and make better design decisions. Patagonia also believes Office 365 will help it reduce IT costs, improve business continuity, and support its environmental initiatives. Learn more
PSI Solutions, a firm that acts as the sales arm for various manufacturers, wanted to improve its messaging system and document-sharing capabilities for increased agility. The firm adopted Microsoft Office 365 and now has email that syncs across multiple devices, better document sharing, and additional communication capabilities, all of which give employees the ability to work more effectively from anywhere, ultimately improving customer service. Learn more
OFFERS & INCENTIVES
PoC Module Content Added to the Microsoft Connect Site
The Office 365 Proof of Concept (POC) engagement is designed to help customers understand Office 365 capabilities, determine the customer readiness for migration to the Office 365 services, and deliver a hands-on experience of 365 in a lab environment through the Proof of Concept engagement.
· The English version of the PoC Lite v3.0 has been published to the connect site.
· The Office 365 Module has been published to the connect site.
o Office 365 Landing Page
o Office 365 Delivery Material
Microsoft Partner Network Event-in-a-Box Partner Offer – Ends March 31, 2012*
Partners that Use Ready-to-Go Marketing Events to schedule a qualifying in-person/seminar event occurring between October 10, 2011 and March 31, 2012 will receive an Event-In-A-Box kit for their event, while supplies last. Kits take approximately 2 weeks to arrive after being shipped and will be shipped the week following the event being activated. Limit 10 per partner company.
Each kit features materials to support your in-person/seminar event, such as banners and product information, and fun and informative items to hand out to your attendees to make your event stand out. Partners will also receive a product key of Office Professional 2010 to use as a raffle item.
*See complete terms and conditions here.
The Ready-to-Go Marketing Events campaigns eligible for this promotion are:
· Office 365: Cloud Productivity Designed for You
· Office 365: Bring The Power of the Cloud to Your Business
· Windows Intune: Simplify Your IT Management
· Cloud Power: First Server for Small Business
· Cloud Power: Windows Server Upgrade and Virtualization
· Windows Phone and Office 365
· Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online plus Office 365
· Don’t Get Forced – Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
· Business PC: Windows 7 and Office 2010 (NEW)
Click on the links below to learn more about current partner offers and incentives available to U.S. partners.
Additional Offers & Incentives
Microsoft Partner Network Event-in-a-Box Partner Offer
10/1/11 – 3/31/12*
Race to Innovate To-Partner Enterprise Promotion
May 31, 2012*
EA Deployment of Online Services
7/1/11 – 6/30/12*
BPCIP Messaging Compete Program
Starts July 2011*
NSI Velocity Funding available to drive POC’s (Contact Tami Anders)
Partner (CA Only)
While Funding Lasts*
Office 365 MasterCard Rebate (10%)
Partner / Customer
June 30, 2012*
Microsoft Office 365 Open Value Offer
6/28/11 – 8/31/12*
Microsoft Financing Offer (eligibility percentage dropped from 35% to 10%)
Office 365 Ready-to-Go Marketing Campaign
BPOS Ready-To-Go Marketing Campaign
Cloud Services Ready-to-Go Marketing Campaign
Windows Intune Ready-to-Go Marketing Campaign
*Terms and Conditions apply. See offer detail page for complete details and eligibility.
Upcoming Live Webcasts on Partner Learning Center
SMSP216PAL: Technical Services Workshop: Top Ways to Maximize Your MPN Technical Service Benefits
Take advantage of your Partner Technical Services benefits. Attend this webcast to learn about your benefits and how to get started using our expertise and insights with the right information to win the business; get more from our technology by deepening your Microsoft product knowledge to maximize the sales potential of individual products; improving your skills with training workshops and best practices; and staying up-to-date with guidance on deploying the latest technology to run in your IT environment.
Date: 3/14/12 | Registration: Register to Attend
Office 365 Deployment Training: Next Offering in Mountain View, CA – Apr 3-5th
Office 365 Partner Deployment Training is designed for partners with a focus on building Office 365 deployment capabilities. Developed by the Microsoft Premier Deployment team, the training sessions use Office 365 Deployment Guide for Enterprises methodology for multitenant scenarios. The training is focused on the Plan, Prepare, and Migrate phases of deployment for Microsoft Office 365. There are multiple trainings available internationally. Click on a location link below for additional event details. Learn more .
Mountain View, CA
April 3-5, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
May 8-10, 2012
New York City, NY
May 15-17, 2012
There is no fee to attend the event except for travel and hotel expenses (if necessary). All trainings will be presented in English unless otherwise noted. Support email: Office365Training@microsoft.crgevents.com
Office 365 End User Training Toolkit for Partners
Microsoft Office 365 End User Training Toolkit for Partners is a complete package of prepared trainings designed to help grow your business by adding a potential revenue stream and by increasing value on each Office 365 sale.
The training is intended for you to deliver to customers to help you achieve maximum customer ROI resulting in potentially higher satisfaction.
Download this complementary toolkit to take advantage of:
Visit the Microsoft Partner Network today to download the materials and start planning your classes! You’ll be on your way to providing professional training that will truly enhance your customer's use of Office 365 and satisfaction with their implementation. You can also download directly from the Partner Learning Center.
On-Demand Partner Learning Plans
The US Partner Skills Development team has developed a number of Learning Plans designed to support the readiness capabilities of our cloud Partners. Everything from understanding what the cloud is to how to monetize the cloud to Business Model Transformation, Competing with Google and more. Evangelize these to your partners so they have the links to resources and training to help them be successful!
§ Office 365 Technical Training for Developers
§ Office 365 Training – Deployment & Migration
§ Understanding the Cloud
§ Online Service Business Model Transformation
§ Updated Partner Cloud Services Training
§ Selling Microsoft Online Services against Google
§ Office 365 Sales Training
§ Office 365 Technical Training
§ Office 365 Deep Technical Ignite Training
Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Program and Cloud Essentials Pack for Partners
Accelerate the growth of your business by building or selling cloud solutions based on innovative Microsoft technologies. Through Microsoft cloud solutions, you can give existing customers and new prospects access to the applications they know and trust – without requiring capital expenses or additional human resources. Access the resources you need to be equipped with the technical and business support you need to drive new levels of profitability and competitive advantage.
Microsoft Cloud Essentials Pack Microsoft Cloud Accelerate (for partners already in the cloud) Looking to deploy private cloud solutions with public cloud potential?
§ US SMB Cloud Champions Club Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (smbcloud)
§ US Partner Inquiries/Marketing/Partner Plans/Campaigns & Events § Microsoft Partner Network Issue & Escalation Resources
o Regional Service Center Our Microsoft Partner Network Regional Service Center can answer all MPN Related questions & concerns, and can help make changes to a partner’s account. 1-800-MPN SOLVE (800.676.7658) email@example.com
o Microsoft Partner Network Experts For help in developing MPN transition plans, understanding new MPN membership options and requirements, as well as competency consultations. 1-877-254-6825 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Technorati Tags: Josh Condie,Office 365,Office365,Office 365 Service Descriptions,Exchange Online,Mail recovery in Office 365,Office 365 and Archiving,Office 365 & Archiving,Microsoft Online Services,Office 365 Partner info
LiveJournal Tags: Josh Condie,Office 365,Office365,Office 365 Service Descriptions,Exchange Online,Mail recovery in Office 365,Office 365 and Archiving,Office 365 & Archiving,Microsoft Online Services,Office 365 Partner info, Update, Newsletter
del.icio.us Tags: Josh Condie,Office 365,Office365,Office 365 Service Descriptions,Exchange Online,Mail recovery in Office 365,Office 365 and Archiving,Office 365 & Archiving,Microsoft Online Services,Office 365 Partner info
BuzzNet Tags: Josh Condie,Office 365,Office365,Office 365 Service Descriptions,Exchange Online,Mail recovery in Office 365,Office 365 and Archiving,Office 365 & Archiving,Microsoft Online Services,Office 365 Partner info