The time is upon us, the moment we have all been waiting for...now let's maximize on Windows 7! October 22nd Microsoft goes live to the public with the release of Windows 7. The Central Region Partner Territory Manager's (Andy, Lisa, Lara and Jason) want to ensure that all of our partners feel completely ready to deliver the best Operating System in years to your customer's. In order to set yourself up for success we have put together a number of Windows 7 Readiness Events across the region. Don't be left out! A number of partners have already attended in other cities across the country and here's what they are saying...
Partner feedback from the events:
Anecdotal from Stephen:
· The general consensus was excitement about Windows 7 being available soon
· 100% partner adoption (50%+ already were using Windows 7)
· 30% to 40% planned deployment with select customers in the next year
· 100% pilots with select customers in the next year
· I had 70% technical / 30% sales audiences
· Very appreciative of the “straight scoop” regarding device compat and Windows XP Mode
· Partner Feedback directly from evaluations:
· My investment that morning in time and fee was well worth it and produces greater returns for me in the future.
· This is the 2nd time I have had exposure to Win 7 and this time it was more hands on vs just looking and seeing what the OS is about. Hearing info more than 1x is very helpful to me.
· Instructor (Deming) was extremely facile in jumping around to discuss attendees' questions and comments without sacrificing any of the material to be presented in the course
· Perfect instructor! (Bryan); Bryan Von Axelson has an excellent method that keeps you awake and interested. His use of humor enhances the learning environment.; Great Instructor!!
· Woody helped provide compelling business reasons or points of consideration for delivering Windows 7.
Check out the schedule and sign up today!
We all look forward to seeing you in each city.
You are Invited!
You are exclusively invited to Microsoft’s Windows 7 partner sales readiness events and upon attending, will receive a FREE copy of the full product before general availability! The Windows® 7 operating system was built to meet yours and your customers' needs. As the next-generation operating system from Microsoft, Windows® 7 opens new development, sales, and services opportunities for your business.
We will start by installing Windows® 7 onto your PC, which must meet the minimum requirements listed below. We will run through some of the key improvements that have been made from the user perspective and will explore the new features Windows 7 has, to better manage your computers in the corporate environment. You will also walk away with presentations on the Windows 7 business value as well as all the materials needed to host your very own Windows 7 Launch event for your company or customers!
Cities Featuring Windows 7 Partner Sales Readiness Events
Massachusetts: Waltham (Boston)
California: Irvine (Orange County)
Michigan: Southfield (Detroit)
California: Los Angeles
Minnesota: Bloomington (Minneapolis)
California: San Diego
Missouri: St. Louis
California: San Francisco
New York: New York
California: Silicon Valley (San Jose)
District of Columbia: Washington
Pennsylvania: Malvern (Philadelphia)
Florida: Ft. Lauderdale (Miami)
Georgia: Alpharetta (Atlanta)
Kansas: Kansas City
Click here for more information and to register!
Enhanced safety and security
Faster, more responsive performance
Better device management
Optimized hardware and software compatibility
Easy networking capabilities
Reduced interruptions for alerts and prompts
Make sure your desktop or laptop meets these minimum requirements:
• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
• 1 GB of system memory
• 16 GB of available disk space
• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (to enable the Aero theme)
• DVD-R/W Drive
1. The system WILL BE WIPED, (unless you use virtualization), so do NOT bring systems that have any data on them that you wish to keep.
2. If you decide to bring a Desktop Computer please review the following:
a. We will NOT be providing monitors, keyboards, mice, or any associated cables, including power cables, so make sure you bring the required hardware to run your system.
b. Get there early as you will likely need a little more time to setup than other users.
c. We will NOT have any hand trucks or carts to help you bring equipment in so, please come prepared.
3. Make sure your test computer has a wireless card that works with Windows Vista/Windows 7.
4. There will be 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 Beta DVDs available*. (while supplies last)
5. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.