1. ELIGIBILITY. This promotion is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered member of the Website http://www.twitter.com (the "Website"). IF YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE WEBSITE YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Follow the instructions on the Website to register.
Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. ENTRY. To be entered into the competition you must:
· Tune in to watch the TechDays Online webcast from http://ukgo.ms/TechDays13 during Promotion Days One or Promotion Day Two, as defined in Section 3 below;
· During broadcast, a total of 10 (ten) individual letters on Promotion Day One, and a total of 9 (nine) individual letters on Promotion Day Two (each an “Anagram Letter”) , will be shown after each presentation session on the relveant Promotion Day as outlined in the agenda available at the above URL;
· Each set of Anagram Letters will form a word, as chosen by Microsoft (each an “Anagram Word”);
· Entrants must collect each Anagram Letter for a relevant Anagram Word, and compile that Anagram Word;
· To enter, an entrant must then tweet their Anagram Word for the relevant Promotion Day, to @TechNetUK and label the tweet with the hashtag #UKTechDays.
To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated content such as photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
Entries will be ineligible for the prize draw if they:
· are incomplete;
· refer to an incorrect Anagram Word (that is, a word other than that chosen by Microsoft, in its absolute discretion)
· exceed the maximum number of entries allowed per person;
· violate the rights of any other person or entity;
· are received outside of an Entry Period set out below; or
· are reported to violate the terms governing use of the Website.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted perEntry Period. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING. This promotion runs from 0930 GMT on 7th November 2013 until 1530 GMT on 8th November 2013 (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”). This Promotion Period consists of two distinct Promotion Days (a “Promotion Day”) during which Anagram Letters will be revealed, as defined below:
· “Promotion Day One” – 0930 GMT on 7th November 2013 until 1615 GMT on 7th November 2013 (inclusive)
· “Promotion Day Two” – 0930 GMT on 8th November 2013 until 1530 GMT on 8th November 2013 (inclusive)
Each Promotion Day provides one entry opportunity (each an “Entry Period”), as defined below:
· “Entry Period One” – 1605 GMT on 7th November 2013 until 1635 GMT on 7th November 2013 (inclusive)
· “Entry Period Two” – 1540 GMT on 8th November 2013 until 1545 GMT on 8th November 2013 (inclusive)
Timings subject to change dependent upon session running time and release time of final Anagram Letter. Each Entry Period will be the duration stated above from the point at which the final Anagram Letter is released during broadcast on the relevant Promotion Day.
4. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent to such activity (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All valid entries will be judged as a finalist.
Winning entries for each Entry Period will be determined by a panel of judges with at least one independent judge on the day that the Entry Period closes, as detailed below.
The fastest correct entry received during Entry Period One will be selected by the judges at 1610 on 7th November 2013 (Promotion Day One). In the event that there are multiple entries received at exactly the same time, those entries will be entered into a random draw conducted by Microsoft with an independent adjudicator, in order to ensure there is one fastest entry selected, as required.
All correct entries received during Entry Period One will also be eligible for one of three possible Runner Up prizes, which will be determined by a random draw conducted by Microsoft Limited on at 1610 on 7th November 2013 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
The fastest correct entry received during Entry Period Two will be selected by the judges at 1525 on 8th November 2013 (Promotion Day Two). In the event that there are multiple entries received at exactly the same time, those entries will be entered into a random draw conducted by Microsoft with an independent adjudicator, in order to ensure there is one fastest entry selected, as required.
All correct entries received during Entry Period Two will also be eligible for one of three Runner Up prizes, which will be determined by a random draw conducted by Microsoft Limited on at 1525 on 8th November 2013 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
Judging will be based on:
· Use of all available Anagram Letters;
· Correct Anagram Word;
· Adherence with the entry method as per Section 2.0.
A maximum of one prize per entrant is allowed throughout the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified through the Website on the day that the winning entry for relevant Entry Period is drawn. If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above (either at random for prize draws or according to the same judging criteria for competitions). Winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. Winners may be asked to participate in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE(S). There will be twelve (12) prize(s) in total. The prize(s) will be as follows:
Entry Period One
· First Place – One (1) Microsoft Xbox One package, consisting of: 1 Xbox One Games Console, 2 Xbox Games (Fifa 14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts) and one control pad (£525.00 approximate value)
· Runners Up – Three (3) Microsoft Xbox One Onesies (£50.00 approximate value)
Entry Period Two
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 3 months after the prize draw has been made by Microsoft (or such later date as is reasonable, taking into account the availability of Xbox One consoles following the release date). Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions.
Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact email@example.com for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
7. WINNERS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
9. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited (“Microsoft”), Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England.