1. ELIGIBILITY. This promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. ENTRY. To enter please visit https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032564581&Culture=en-GB&community=0 and register for the Microsoft Tech Days Online event which runs from 6th November until 8th November (“Tech Days Online”). In order to register for Tech Days Online and to enter the Promotion, you will need to have a valid Microsoft account. If you do not already have one, you will be prompted to create one at the point of registration. Once you have registered you will automatically be entered into the Promotion. All individuals who have registered for the Microsoft Tech Days Online event will be entered into the Promotion. You must register for Tech Days Online before 11:59:59pm GMT on 5 November in order to enter this Promotion.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
OPT-OUT Any person entered into this Promotion may revoke that entry at any point by emailing email@example.com and including your name and registered email address.
3. TIMING. This promotion runs from 00.01:00 BST 9th October 11.59:59 p.m. GMT on 5th November (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
4. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent on the entry form (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS.
All valid entries will be submitted for the prize draw. Winning entries will be determined by a random draw conducted by Microsoft on 6thNovember and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
A maximum of one prize per eligible entry is allowed. Winners will be notified via webcast, if attending the webcast at the time of the prize draw on 6 November, or via email to the address provided by the potential winner by [11 November] If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above (either at random for prize draws or according to the same judging criteria for competitions). Winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. Winners may be asked to participate in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE. There is one (1) prize package in total. Which consists of One (1) Microsoft Xbox One package: 1 Xbox One Games Console, 2 Xbox Games (Fifa 14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts) and one control pad (approx. value £525.00)
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 3 months after the prize draw has been made by Microsoft (or such later date as is reasonable, taking into account the availability of Xbox One consoles following the release date). Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions.
Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
7. WINNERS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to email@example.com
8. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
9. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited (“Microsoft”), Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England