Like TechNet UK on Facebook
IT Pros! As I’m sure you’ve already heard, Tech.Days Online is back with a BANG and we have some fantastic prizes to giveaway. Prizes include a HTC Windows Phone 8, a Sony VAIO Laptop and a HP ElitePad, and you can start entering NOW!
1. For a chance to win a HTC Windows Phone 8, all you need to do is follow @TechNetUK and tweet the following: Tech.Days Online is back!! http://aka.ms/k35pwq RT & follow @TechNetUK for a chance to win a Windows Phone 8 #UKTechDays2013
Click here to RT
2. Register for Tech.Days Online 2013, and you will also go into a prize draw to win a Sony VAIO laptop.
We have loads of other cool prizes to giveaway throughout and post the event, including the opportunity to win an amazing Windows 8 Tablet.
This promotion is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered member of the Website http://www.twitter.com (each herewith referred to as the "Website"). IF YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE WEBSITE YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Follow the instructions on the Website to register.
Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and/or life partners).
2. ENTRY. To be entered into the competition you must:
Competition Phase 1
Tweet: Tech.Days Online is back!! http://aka.ms/k35pwq RT & follow @TechNetUK for a chance to win a Windows Phone 8 #UKTechDays2013
Label the tweet with the hashtag #UKTechDays2013 and Follow @TechNetUK
Competition Phase 2
Go to: https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032543696&Culture=en-GB&community=0, and register to attend the following event: Tech.Days Online to be held at 09:00 GMT on Wednesday, 24 April 2013:
Competition Phase 3
Having attended the event above, complete and submit the online evaluation form sent to you via email after the event, including your name and email address. When submitting your online evaluation form, ensure that you tick the option to be entered into the prize draw.
Competition Phase 4
Download a free trial of System Center 2012 OR Windows Server 2012 AND email a screenshot of your downloaded trial to UKITPRO@microsoft.com between 09:00am GMT on 24 April to 17:30 GMT on 26 April. Prizes will be allocated on a first come first served basis and will be subject to availability.
To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated content such as photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
Entries will be ineligible for the prize draw if they:
· are incomplete;
· exceed the maximum number of entries allowed per person;
· violate the rights of any other person or entity;
· are received outside of the Promotion Period set out below; or
· are reported to violate the terms governing use of the Website.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING. This promotion runs from 12.00:00 GMT on 11 March 2013 23.59:00 GMT on 10th May 2013 (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
4. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent to such activity (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All valid entries will be submitted for the prize draw.
6. Competition Phase 1
Winning entries will be determined by a random draw conducted by Wunderman on 13 May 2013 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
Irrespective of whether an entry is drawn as a winner under Phase 1, all eligible entries will go forward for the competition prize draws in Phases 2 and 3 as described below. Chances of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
Irrespective of whether an entry is drawn as a winner under Phase 1 or Phase 2, all eligible entries will go forward for the competition prize draw in Phase 3 described below. Chances of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
Winning entries will be determined by a random draw conducted by Wunderman on 3rd May 2013 and will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
Winning entries will be determined on a first come, firstserved basis.
There is a maximum of one prize per eligible entry allowed per competition phase. To clarify, any given eligible entry may be drawn as a winner in each or all of the competition phase prize draws, however, in each instance where a winning entry is drawn, only one prize will be awarded. Winners will be notified by email to the address provided by the potential winner or through the Twitter website via Direct Message by Friday, 10 May 2013. If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above (either at random for prize draws or according to the same judging criteria for competitions). Winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. Winners may be asked to participate in further publicity or advertising.
7. PRIZE(S). There will be one prize in total per phase of the competition. The relevant prize for each competition phase will be as follows:
· Prize = x1 (one) HTC Windows Phone 8 (£350 approximate value)
· Prize = x1 (one) Sony VAIO Laptop (£400 approximate value)
· Prize = x1 (one) HP ElitePad 900 (£500 approximate value)
Microsoft branded t-shirts.
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 28 days after the prize draw has been made by Microsoft. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions.
Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
8. WINNERS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to [email@example.com].
9. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
10. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited (“Microsoft”), Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England.
The tweet is two chars too long. Are we free to edit?
Thanks for pointing this out Neil H. We have now corrected the tweet and it should fit.