I remember when I was a developer (yes I really was!!!!) and it came round to TechEd and I ALWAYS wanted to go. Eventually I did manage to persuade my boss to let me go, I actually went twice and it was one of my best conference experiences. What has this got to do with me you're thinking. Well, it's come back round to that time of year and tickets are now available to purchase. Your boss isn't sure about whether to send you or not and you are trying to put together a business case for them sending you.
We thought it might be a nice and quite fun idea to create a competition with the opportunity for you to win a place at TechEd Europe or a range of prizes that could help you expand your knowledge of Microsoft tools and technologies.
What do you have to do?
Remember to tell your friends about your competition entry by Tweeting: "I've just submitted my top tip to convince my boss to send me to TechEd Europe http://bit.ly/ACdb0L #technetuk"
The deadline for this competition is 11am 16th April 2012 and then all entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
The prize list is as follows:
We will announce the winner by 26th April 2012 on the TechNet Blog.
Terms & Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: Entry into this competition is by response to the question posed by Microsoft on the TechNet UK Blog. The entry to this competition is by:
1. Leave a response on the TechNet UK Blog against this post.
2. Register on the MVA website.
You must complete both parts of the entry process in order to be eligible for this competition.
Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserve the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 10.00:00 am GMT on 14 March 2012 until 11.00:00 am BST on 16 April 2012 (inclusive) (The “Competition Period”).
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition shall be used for the purposes of this competition only.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The competition winners will be determined by a panel of 3 judges within five (5) working days of the close of the Competition Period. The panel of judges will include at least one independent member.
The judges will evaluate the entries based on the following criteria ("Criteria"): - The clarity and relevance of the response to the question; - The likelihood that the advice given would result in a manager sending an employee to TechEd Europe;. - The creativity shown through the response.
The winners will be notified within ten (10) working days of the close of the Competition Period. Entrants submitting written responses will be contacted through the forum messaging system. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within 5 days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected. The winner may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising, including but not limited to the use of winning answers in Microsoft publications.
Prizes may consist of more than one item, where more than one item is shown they are combined and treated as a single prize. There will be a maximum of One (1) prize per person. There are Three (3) best response prizes are available for this competition :
– First Prize 1 x Ticket to TechEd Europe, excluding flights & accommodation and all other costs.
- Second Prize 1 x Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone
- Third Prize 1 x Microsoft Branded camp bag (red) containing a Win 7 Resource Kit & Windows Server Resource Kit & some additional surprises!
All responses that meet the entry criteria will be entered into the competition for best answer.
Prizes as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prizes will be sent by 16 May 2012. If no entries are received or the received entries are not deemed to meet the Criteria, the prize will be retained by Microsoft. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their first name and surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surnames will be available for a period of 30 days after the end of the Entry Period by emailing Sarah Lamb at email@example.com.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England