The Windows 7 deployment learning portal, our whizzy online assessment and learning tool, helps you identify the strengths and gaps in your knowledge around Windows 7 deployment and provides some targeted learning to help you show up your colleagues. Comprised of brief modules, it takes just a few minutes to get started.
Sign up now and you’ll get 40% off a wide range of MS Press books. What’s more, the first 100 people to complete all 11 training modules will receive a free Windows 7 Resource Kit worth £54.99*.
Sadly, a fairy dies every time you enter a competition without reading the terms and conditions, so have a look before you get going.
Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal – Gift of Windows 7 resource kit.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This offer is open to any person resident in the UK who is 18 years of age or older at the time of registration excluding Public Sector employees/Government Official*. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouses and life partners). This offer cannot be combined with any other Microsoft offers or rebates. This offer is subject to availability.
2. TO ENTER: Register for this promotion at the Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal at http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx(Portal)between 12.01:00 a.m. GMT on 13 December 2010 until 11.59:59 p.m. on 28 February 2011 (inclusive) by completing your details at the Portal and ensure you have ticked the box to be entered into the free book promotion and thereby shown your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
There are 11 (eleven) modules within the Portal and the entrant is required to successfully complete all eleven modules and achieve the specified pass mark within the said Portal in order to be eligible to be awarded 1(one) online voucher to redeem their copy of a Windows 7 resource kit by Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, Jerry Honeycutt, Ed Wilson and the Windows 7 Team at Microsoft, according to the availability and selection process outlined below. See clause 5 below for further details. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This promotion runs from 12.01:00 a.m. GMT on 13 December 2010 until 11.59:59 p.m. on 28 February 2011 (inclusive) subject to the limited availability of the 100 books. A notification will be made at the Portal when all the books have been claimed.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter the promotion will be used for administering this promotion only. If you agree to this use, please tick the box at the Portal.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The first 100 entrants who complete all the eleven modules and achieve the specified pass mark will be awarded 1 (one) online voucher to redeem their copy of Windows 7 resource kit by Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, Jerry Honeycutt, Ed Wilson, and the Windows 7 Team at Microsoft. Completion is determined by answering all eleven modules and achieving the specified pass mark for that module. Pass marks are stipulated at the start of each module or can be requested from emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. GIFT: There will be one hundred copies of Windows 7 resource kit by Mitch Tulloch, Tony Northrup, Jerry Honeycutt, Ed Wilson, and the Windows 7 Team at Microsoft to give away to the first one hundred entrants completing the 11 modules at the Portal.There will a voucher code for the Windows 7 resource kit that the winners can redeem online directly with MS Press. The voucher codes will be automatically issued if a candidate meets the above entitlement criteria. The voucher codes for the Windows 7 resource kit will be made available within the Portal, as part of the record of achievement which is automatically generated and available online within the Portal once a participant has successfully passed all eleven modules and achieved the specified pass mark. The links where the winners can redeem the vouchers will be supplied to the winners at the same time as the voucher codes. Each voucher code is unique. Once a voucher code has been associated with a participant, it is not possible to reuse the voucher code, and neither will the same voucher code be made available to subsequent participants. Therefore the Windows 7 resource kit is subject to availability. Gifts are as stated and non transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. All gift recipients will be notified once they login, on or before the 20th February. Windows 7 resource kit may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on this gift.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winners consent to their surname being made publicly available. Winners names will be available for a period of one month after the final draw date by emailing email@example.com for the list of names.
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this offer agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a gift, or from participation in this offer. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud
Promoter: Microsoft Limited, Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England
*Under Microsoft's Anti-Corruption Policy, a “Government Official” refers to all of the following: • any employee of a government entity or subdivision, including elected officials; • any private person acting on behalf of a government entity, even if just temporarily; • officers and employees of companies in which the government owns an interest of 10% or more; • candidates for political office; • political party officials; and • officers, employees and representatives of public international organizations, such as the World Bank and United Nations.