Alright….. Let me tell you what you are going to get by reading this post.
Are you folks are aware of the fact that you can create Windows Azure active directory users? I would like to introduce how CRM online users can be synched with your Azure directory. Thanks to Siddharth for helping in this context.
Following is the step by step procedure to achieve this requirement:
1) Login to your Windows Azure portal from the following URL:
2) After logging into the portal you can see the following in the left hand side of the portal:
3) Now click on the Active Directory available at the bottom of the portal in the left hand pane. After clicking on Active Directory you can click on Add + symbol available at the bottom of the page to add a new or an existing user as shown below. Click on Use Existing Directory to add the office 365 users into this Windows Azure.
4) Now click on the check box “I am ready to be signed out now.” and hit on the tick mark shown below:
5) Now you will be prompted to enter username and password. This username and password can be the credentials which you enter to login Dynamics CRM online application. This can be your onmicrosoft.com account or your domain account. After logging into the portal you can see the following screen based on your organization name:
6) Click on continue in the above screen. This will make your account as global administrator of the domain account.
7) After that you get an option to Sign out now from the portal. Then go back to your url https://portal.windowsazure.com and login with your windows azure account credentials.
8) After logging in and navigating to Active Directory you can see all the new users being shown in the portal.
That is all!!! This is how simple it is to add the CRM online users to Windows Azure AD. I am also working on implementing single sign on by using these users. Hopefully you can that post very soon.
Can you do the process the other way around? that is: can you add a Windows Azure Active Directory to an existing CRM Online instance? Also, can you do it with multiple domain users?