System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Beta 2 is now available for download! DPM 2007 Beta 2 is designed to provide a best-of-breed protection and the most robust, reliable recovery experience for Exchange Server, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Try out the new standard for Windows backup and recovery – DPM 2007 combines the best aspects of Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and traditional tape backup with a seamlessly integrated disk and tape platform. Learn how you can use DPM 2007 to perform better backups as well as rapid and reliable recoveries while significantly reducing the costs and complexities associated with data protection.
DPM 2007 is the first backup product engineered from the ground up with Longhorn server in mind. Leveraging the Windows VSS infrastructure as well as a brand new volume filter, DPM is able to efficiently track block level changes on a Longhorn server with significantly less disk or processor overhead than seen in previous solutions. It also includes support for advanced application configurations on Longhorn like Cluster Continuous and Local Continuous replication for Exchange.
New features include:
· Support for Microsoft Exchange (E2K3 and E2K7), including advanced configurations such as E2K7 Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) and Local Continuous Replication (LCR) clusters.
· Ability to restore Exchange at the Mailbox, Database or Storage Group level.
· Support for Microsoft SharePoint (WSS 3.0).
· Support for Microsoft SQL (2K and 2K5), including advanced configurations such as SQL 2005 mirrored clusters. DPM 2007 also supports shortened SQL backup windows without the need for costly compression solutions.
· Zero data loss recovery for Microsoft applications
· Shorter backup windows and smaller full backups thanks to patented Express Full technology
· Efficient use of existing infrastructure, including reduced space requirements for Backup to Disk thanks to innovative data De-Duplication technology.
· Enables end users to do their own recoveries and integrates the End User Recovery experience into windows. Recoveries are as simple a right mouse click!
· Archive/Tape Backup and Tape Data Encryption
· Server system state
· DPM Disaster Recovery (DPM Backing up DPM)
· Protection of Virtual Server 2005 R2 guest OS’s and Virtual Server host based backup support
· Files on workstations running Windows XP Professional SP2 and all Windows Vista Editions except the Home Edition
o Note DPM does not support file protection on laptops running Windows XP Professional SP2 and Windows Vista Editions
· Command Line Interface based on Power Shell – DPM V2 Beta 2 Windows PowerShell commands
o DPM V2 Beta 2 provides its own set of Windows PowerShell commands that can be used as an alternative to DPM Administrator Console.
· Pre/Post Back-up Scripts
· Network Bandwidth throttling Options
Get it here:
Get it here
32bit Version: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=205&DownloadID=6741
64bit Version: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=205&DownloadID=6740
You may download the following important Beta 2 documents from Connect downloads (https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=205&DownloadID=6599):
· Getting Started Guide
· Planning Guide
· Operations Guide
· Upgrade Guide
· System Requirements
· Deployment Guide
· Known Issues/Release Notes
· Troubleshooting Guide
Check out the beta FAQ: (https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3467&SiteID=205)
System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Beta 2 is now available for download! DPM 2007 Beta 2 is designed