Not only does it make deploying Exchange Server 2010 easier, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) also includes several new and improved features. But first, the Exchange Server 2010 migration: once all of the client access servers in your organization have been upgrade to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 SP2, you can deploy Exchange Server 2010 in your organization. Plus, any Exchange 2007 Server, regardless of server role, in the Active Directory site you are transitioning, must be upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP2.
Download the Exchange Server 2007 SP2
Now for the enhancements:
· A VSS plug-in for Windows Server Backup to support Exchange backups
· New Exchange auditing events and audit log repository
· The dynamic AD schema update and validation feature allows for future schema updates to be dynamic deployed
· A more efficient way to manage public folder quotas
· Several new cmdlet parameters
For the administrator, Exchange Server 2007 SP2 provides advanced protection options against e-mail security threats, such as spam and viruses, as well as the tools to help manage internal compliance and high availability needs. Check it out.
More to come,
Subscribe to the TechNet Flash newsletter