Get a backstage pass to vibrant diagrams
Microsoft Visio 2010 gives you fast and easy access to a rich set of diagram templates that meet your needs. Choose the right template for the job and you’re on your way to creating a professional-looking diagram that simplifies complexity and gets everyone on the same page. Just go to Microsoft® Office Backstage™ view to get started.
Step by Step:
To open a Visio template
1. Click the Office button in the Ribbon to go to Backstage view.
2. Click New to open a view of template categories and your recently used templates.
3. Click a Template Category folder such as Business, Flowchart, or Network to view available diagram templates.
4. Click Create to open the template type.
5. Start dragging pre-drawn shapes onto your diagram.
To open a new diagram based on another diagram
1. Click the Office button in the Ribbon to go to Backstage View.
2. Click New.
3. Click New from Existing and then select a Visio drawing file to serve as the template for a new diagram.