Somewhere between the physical and the virtual
System Center Blogs
Configuration ManagerThe team that supports Configuration Manager.
OrchestratorA blog by the teams who make and support Orchestrator.
Operations ManagerThe folks who make and support Operations Manager.
Data Protection ManagerBlog done by the Data Protection Manager product and support teams.
Service ManagerCommunications from the System Center Service Manager team.
Virtual Machine ManagerThe team that makes and supports Virtual Machine Manager.
System Center HomeThe home page for System Center on the Web.
System Center on TechNetTechNet's agglomerated resources on System Center.
myITforum.comRod Trent's Web site primarily focused on systems and configuration management.
SystemCenterCentral.comThird-party site that pulls together stuff across the SC suite.
Deployment ForumCommunity site about Windows deployment matters.
The Blogcast RepositoryWhere you'll find technical videos, blogs, forums and more on Config Manager as well as other System Center products.
FAQShop.comHints, tips, answers, FAQs on Microsoft's systems management products.
Virtualization FeedMaster aggregator of blog posts and twitters on virtualization.
Virtualization HomeFor all pertaining to the Microsoft Virtualization story.
MICROSOFT SYSTEM CENTER “CONFIGURATION MANAGER” BETA CONTRIBUTION CONTEST
No Purchase Necessary.
Common Terms Used In These Rules:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager vNext Beta program (“ConfigMgrvNext Beta”) Contribution Contest (“Contest”) will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the "Contest" throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, "we," "our," and "us" refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Contest. "You" refers to an eligible contest entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This contest starts at 12:01 a.m. PT on May 1, 2010, and ends at 12:00 p.m. (Midnight) PT on October 31, 2010 ("Entry Period"). The Entry Period consists of 6 separate Monthly Prize Periods as follows:
Prize Period 1: 12:01 a.m. (PT) May 1 - May 31, 2010 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Prize Period 2: 12:01 a.m. (PT), June 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Prize Period 3: 12:01 a.m. (PT), July 1, 2010 - July 31, 2010 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Prize Period 4: 12:01 a.m. (PT), August 1, 2010 - August 31, 2010 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Prize Period 5: 12:01 a.m. (PT), September 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Prize Period 6: 12:01 a.m. (PT), October1, 2010 - October 31, 2010 12:00 p.m. (PT)
Entries will only be eligible for Monthly Prize Period in which they are received.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
HOW DO I ENTER AND WIN?
You must be part of the ConfigMgr vNext Beta to be eligible to win. If you are not already a registered member, you must visit https://connect.microsoft.com/ConfigurationManagervnext] and request permission to join. Registration is free, however you will be required to set up a Microsoft Connect account with your Windows Live ID if you do not already have one.
Each month during the Entry Period, a unique technology topic will be posted on the ConfigMgrvNext Beta website, and members will be invited to blog on the topic.
To register and enter, you must email SCNETSUP@microsoft.com before the close of any Monthly Prize Period listed above, to register a list of all internet sites that feature your personal “blog” comments. Each Month we will provide specific technology topics. For the purposes of this Contest, your blog comments must be relevant to the topic for that month’s Prize Period. For the purposes of this Contest, your Entry (both blog posts and visitor comments) must be in English for English speaking administrators. Further, you must disclose that you are participating as a member of the ConfigMgr vNext Beta Contest. The internet sites that you register will be tracked and Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
· Blog is technically accurate in context of ConfigMgr vNext Beta – 25%
· Blog is relevant to that Monthly Prize Period’s technology topic– 25%
· Blog uncovers insights and best practices for ConfigMgr vNext Beta – 50%
Only blog and comments that are coherent, salient and relevant to that Monthly Prize Period’s topic will be counted for the purposes of this Contest. The fact that the blogs and/or comments are complimentary or critical of Microsoft products / services will have no bearing in the judging criteria, however, any blogs or comments that are off topic, inappropriate (as described in the following section) or incoherent will not be counted for the purposes of this Contest.
At the close of each Monthly Prize Period, all eligible entries will be judged and one entrant will be selected as the winner. In the event of a tie, an alternate Microsoft judge will review all tied entries and select a winner based on the judging criteria The decisions of Microsoft are final and binding.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not or could not be tracked for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Each month, one selected winner will receive a System Center branded Flip Mino HD-2nd Generation camcorder. Approximate Retail Value, US$270.
A total of six prizes will be awarded; one for each Monthly Prize Period.
At the end of the Entry Period, one winner will be randomly selected from among all Monthly Prize Period winners to receive a pass to attend the Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) Approximate Retail Value, US$2,000. The prize consists of event admission only; winners are solely responsible for any and all travel expenses related to attending the event.
Limit one Monthly prize per person.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending an email message within 24 hours following the contest selection. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter the contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms or indicate acceptance within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
· you may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
· you may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
· if you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
· if you are otherwise eligible for this contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
· Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and / or terms and conditions.
· are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
· except where prohibited, hereby waive any and all so-called “moral rights” or any similar right that you may have or hereinafter acquire in the entry and all its content, and to the extent that you cannot, you hereby consent to us doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe such “moral rights” or any such similar rights;
· agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
· understand and acknowledge that the Promotion Parties may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
· understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
· understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST?
By entering this Contest you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft's decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use your Twitter username, proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN'T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052
Comments in this blog are open and monitored for each post for a period of one week after the posting date. If you have a specific question about a blog post that is older than one week, please submit your question via our Twitter handle @System_Center