Somewhere between the physical and the virtual
More announcements ...
As the Technical Product Manager on the Integrated Virtualization Team here at Microsoft, I am excited about the opportunities virtualization gives our customers to solve their business needs. As more of our customers move towards virtualizating their Servers and Datacenters with Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V as the Platform and our System Center Server Management Suite of Products for managing the infrastructure all the way through the applications, they sometimes wonder, “How do I begin?” With that question in mind, our Solution Accelerator team has put together a guide that will help with the Planning and Design for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2.
The Solution Accelerator team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guide for System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008, now updated for VMM 2008 R2. This updated guide provides actionable, best practice guidance that you can leverage to more quickly design your VMM R2 infrastructure right the first time.
The guide’s easy-to-follow, seven-step process gives a straightforward explanation of process of designing components, layout, and connectivity in a logical, sequential order. Also presented in the guide is the process of identifying required VMM server instances, helping you to centralize administration of physical and virtual machines.
Take advantage of the benefits IPD Guides provide:
· Acceleration of the infrastructure design process.
· Best practice design guidance from the product group.
· Infrastructure optimization for best meeting business requirements.
· Download the updated IPD Guide for SCVMM 2008 R2.
· Download other best practices from the Infrastructure Planning and Design series for products such as Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V, App-V, SQL Server 2008, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, System Center and much more at the IPD home page on TechNet.
· Check out the Virtualization Team Blog regarding the IPD Guide for Hyper-V.
· For more information on SCVMM please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/virtualmachinemanager/
Technical Product Manager