Somewhere between the physical and the virtual
More announcements ...
Hi everyone, we have released our Service Pack 2 beta onto Connect! You can find access to the download here. What’s in the SP2 beta? Quite a bit actually, here are some details.
Service Pack 2 for Configuration Manager 2007 delivers new platform support for Windows 7 client, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2. In addition, Service Pack 2 delivers continued innovation with Intel vPro technology, support for Branch Cache enabled environments, and continued development for 64 bit architectures. You can access more information and the beta download here.
New Operating System Support
· Windows 7 · Windows Vista Sp2· Windows Server 2008 R2 · Windows Server 2008 SP2
(Intel) Active Management Technology Integration – Version 2
Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 will improve on the Intel AMT (iAMT) integration provided in Service Pack 1. SP2 will add full feature support for computers that have the Intel vPro chip set and iAMT firmware versions 4 & 5. In addition to providing feature parity with SP1 and iAMT firmware versions 3.2.1, 4.0 and 5.0, support for the below new features are being added:
· OOB Wireless Management: Wireless Profile Management (mobile ONLY)· End Point Access Control: 802.1x support· Access Monitor: Audit Log· Remote Power Management: Power State Configuration
Asset Intelligence Certificate Requirement Removal
With the release of Configuration Manager Service Pack 1, Asset Intelligence v1.5 was introduced. This version allowed customers to configure an online synchronization to ensure that their catalog was up to date with the latest Microsoft inventory for both hardware and applications. This initial release required a certificate. With Service Pack 2, the requirement to have the certificate has been removed, so any customer may configure their Asset Intelligence capabilities to connect online and update their catalog. Software Assurance is not required for this.
64bit Architecture Development
Service Pack 2 will also continue to deliver new support for x64 architectures, including the following:
· X64 support for Operations Manager 2007 Client Agent · Update to Management Pack for 64-bit OS’s – SP2 will ship 64-bit perf counters (MP is a separate release)· Remote control support added for x64 XP and x64 Server 2003
Improved Client Policy Evaluation
· Faster policy processing· Faster execution of software distribution configured to run at user logon
Branch Cache Support
· Support for scenarios where Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Client are present and Branch Cache is enabled
Jeff WettlauferSr. Technical Product ManagerSystem Center
PingBack from http://mstechnews.info/2009/06/system-center-configuration-manager-service-pack-2-public-beta-released/