Somewhere between the physical and the virtual
More announcements ...
The product team is pleased to announce the release of Microsoft System Center Capacity Planner (SCCP) 2007! SCCP 2007 is a pre-deployment capacity planning and post-deployment change analysis solution for Microsoft Server products including Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. It employs state of the art modeling technology to bring unprecedented functionality and flexibility to the process of performance analysis and planning of distributed application deployments. It provides Information Technology professionals with the tools and guidance to deploy efficiently, while planning for the future by allowing for "what-if" analyses.
The new version adds the following new capabilities:
• Application model for Exchange Server 2007
• Extensibility with new models from Microsoft, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. A model for System Center Operations Manager 2007 will be available soon.
• New, more powerful deployment wizards deliver unprecedented ease of use
• Support for 64-bit processor architectures
• Comprehensive reporting of disk IO and storage utilizations
• Increased flexibility in customizing server usage profiles
Unlike the previous version, SCCP 2007 doesn’t require a Microsoft TechNet Plus or MSDN Premium subscription, and is available for anyone to download now on the Microsoft Download Center. Please visit our website to learn more about SCCP 2007.
Sr. Product Manager
System Center Marketing
According to this post on the System Center Team blog , Microsoft has released the System Center Capacity