While performing people search in SharePoint 2010 we encounter following error
Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings
1. Browse the Search Center Site and perform people search which should take us to peopleresults.aspx page
2. Click on Site Actions –> Edit Page
3. Edit People Search Core Web part
4. Expand Display properties and check the box against Use Local Virtualization
5. Click on Save and Close on the Ribbon
Try to perform people search again and you should get results back.
Good deal this corrected my issue with a migration and a malfunctioning content search.
thank you very much. This solved my problem