I was investigating an issue with OpsMgr Agents who where stuck in Maintenance Mode. A big help was this article from David Dixon.
We managed to solve the issue but we also wanted to know what caused the issue and I investigated if the RMS HealthService was put in Maintenance Mode accidentally. By the way, it is not a good thing to put the RMS in Maintenance Mode!
Update 2: I got an email from one of my co-workers Marek Tyszkiewicz telling me he made an enhancement to my SQL query to find out if the RMS HealthService was put in Maintenance Mode:
-- Find if RMS is put in MM -- Author: Stefan Stranger -- Version 0.3 -- Remark: Added (NOLOCK) to query. Thanks to Jeremy Pavleck. -- Remark: No need to specify RMS server name. Thanks to Marek Tyszkiewicz-- Date: 20-04-2011 USE OperationsManagerDWSELECT ManagedEntity.DisplayName, MaintenanceModeHistory.* FROM ManagedEntity WITH (NOLOCK)INNER JOIN MaintenanceMode ON ManagedEntity.ManagedEntityRowId = MaintenanceMode.ManagedEntityRowId INNER JOIN MaintenanceModeHistory ON MaintenanceMode.MaintenanceModeRowId = MaintenanceModeHistory.MaintenanceModeRowId WHERE (ManagedEntity.DisplayName in (SELECT DISTINCT METarget.DisplayNameFROM vManagedEntity MESourceINNER JOIN vRelationship R ON R.SourceManagedEntityRowId = MESource.ManagedEntityRowIdINNER JOIN ManagedEntity METarget ON R.TargetManagedEntityRowId = METarget.ManagedEntityRowIdWHERE MESource.FullName = 'Microsoft.SystemCenter.RootManagementServerComputersGroup'))
Have fun pointing your finger ;-)