The product group released the October 2013 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the October Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the October CU.
The KB articles for October CU are availabe at the following locations:
The Full Server Packages for October 2013 CU are available through the following links:
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers:
Can this CU install on the SP 2010 with PS 2010 SP2?
Hi Stefan ,
On installing this above CU, we are facing issue. " The expected version of the product was not found in the system". If i try using Bypassing the detection. It throws " Installation failed on this system".
Existing Configuration is SP1 + Dec CU 2011
I tried KB 2825793 - SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server. Can you please assist me on this.
common reasons for this error are:
- Only SPF SP1 is installed but not SharePoint Server SP1
- SP1 for a language pack is missing
- SP1 for a language pack for SPF has been installed but not for the language pack of SharePoint Server.
Please check that SP1 has been installed for all components.
If the Problem still occurs I would recommend to open a Support case.
Hello We are Running on SP1 + CU Juin 2011 . Can we direclty install Service Pack 2 SharePoint 2010. We have 4 Language Packs as well
yes you can directly install SP2.
Ensure to install the SP2 the core product (select the right language here) and for each installed language pack.
Thanks for the Udpate Stefan
I have Few Questions
1)Earlier in MOSS we use to Install WSS Binaries and then MOSS Binaries but I have heard now that in SharePoint 2010 we don’t have to first Install SharePoint Foundation first and then SharePoint Server 2010 , now they are bundled in one Package . Is this Correct ….? Please Confirm
2) We have 3 Language Packs Spanish, Portugese and chinese but i am not seeing english so We have to Install SP2( Foundation + SharePoint 2010 and SP2 for all languages ( Foundation + server 2010) . Is this Correct ..Please confirm
3) We have Office Web Apps Installed so duringat the Time of Software upgrade of SP2, We have to install Office Web apps Service Pack 2 also ??
4) What should be the order of installation
-Language Pack-- Binaries- Office Web apps ---> Then Psconfig ...?? Am i rite
Thanks in Advance for answering my Queries
2) you have to install SP2 in english for SP2010 and SP2 for all language packs:
4) Installation sequence does not matter but PSCONFIG has to be run as last step