The product group released the August 2013 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the August Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the August CU.
The KB articles for August CU are availabe at the following locations:
The Full Server Packages for August 2013 CU are available through the following links:
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers:
Beginning with the SharePoint 2010 June 2013 CU (KB2817527), and now the August 2013 CU (KB2817570), the server package includes a CAB file (ubersrv_1.CAB) in addition to the executable.
Curious about the logic behind this change ...
Its because we are reaching a physical file size limit of 2GB. So it had to be split.
Is this a "Post-SP2 hotfix"? What's the relationship between SP2 and August 2013 CU?
June CU and August CU are both Post SP2 CUs.
But you can install August CU in SP1 or SP2.
Again on clean installation SP server 2010 I installed SP2, then trying install Aug update and got
"The expected version of the product was not found on the system."
When i trying install SP2 again, i got
"There are no products affected by this package installed on this system."
"The update is already installed on this system."
if you,cannot install a hot fix please open a support case.
I am bit confused. Why is it now optional to install SP2 before installing August 2013 CU? Does this mean August 2013 CU contains all fixes that came in SP2? Normally we had to install SP2 before installing any CU's that were released after the service pack release? Will installing SP2 be optional for Oct 2013 CU and/or for all future CUs?
Microsoft always supports the latest and the previous service pack for up to 12 months after release of the latest service pack. That means 12 month after release of a Service pack CUs can always be installed on as well the previous service pack (here SP1) and the lastest Service pack (SP2).
Internally the package contains the fix for both baselines. Thats why the CU packages suddenly become much smaller 12 month after a Service pack has been released: the fixes for the older baseline (older Service pack) are no longer included.
And no: August 2013 CU does not contain SP2.
There is a new Version for SharePoint 2010 Server: support.microsoft.com/.../en-us
Hello Stefan, Is SP1 Required, is it acceptable to go straight to SP2 + August CU from RTM?
no need to go to SP1.
Be aware that October CU has released today.
Hello Stefan, I had the issue a few have posted with the August 2013 CU (support.microsoft.com/.../2825949) where I received the error "The expected version of the product was not found on the system". After opening a case with MS and the support person convinced there was an issue with the SharePoint farm could NOT find any issues. After a couple hours of trouble-shooting we finally ran the following "ubersrv2010-kb2825949-fullfile-x64-glb.exe PACKAGE.BYPASS.DETECTION.CHECK=1".
The update was not intuitive at all. It just hung there with a screen stating extracting files. This went on for 3 plus hours before it finished successfully on 4 SP2010 servers. It went on so long the MS support person wanted to cancel out of the upgrade but it was clear the log files were being updated every few minutes so I convinced him not to cancel out. Right now I'm not very happy with what I've seen with the update behavior. I don't feel I should be charged for opening a case since there was never anything wrong found with the environment.
Also, I'm on Sharepoint 2010 SP2
please use the option above to send me an email with the SR number.
@ Stefan, the SR number was sent.
I'm getting the same issue as Tim. Our application server is hung. When running the bypass check above, I have already waited 2 hours and the installer still says that files are being extracted.
Any thoughts on a fix for this? Not too pleased.....and a huge annoyance factor.