Stefan Goßner

Senior Escalation Engineer for SharePoint (WSS, SPS, MOSS, SP2010) and MCMS

June 2013 CU for SharePoint 2010 has been re-released

June 2013 CU for SharePoint 2010 has been re-released

  • Comments 11
  • Likes

June 2013 CU for SharePoint 2010 and other Office 2010 product has been removed from the hotfix download servers shortly after the initial release due to an issue which affected many different Office products.

The product group has now re-released the June 2013 Cumulative Update for the affected products including SharePoint.

Be aware that the KB article numbers of the re-released Fixes are different from the original ones.

The KB articles are not yet available but should be in the next couple of days. The fixes can already be downloaded.
It is strongly recommended that customers who installed the initial June CU install the re-released updates.

Be aware that the June Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the June CU.

The KB articles for the re-released June CU will be availabe at the following locations in a couple of days:

  • KB 2817552 - SharePoint Foundation 2010
  • KB 2817527 - SharePoint Server 2010
  • KB 2817530 - SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
    As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.

The Full Server Packages for June 2013 CU are available through the following links:

Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.

Related Update Centers:

Comments
  • This is a bit confusing. If they are the re-release of the June Fixes why doesn't it say so anywhere in the texts and why do the titles say they are for July? Also if the SPS one is really a re-release of the June one, why does it include a fix for something that came out in July ?  (Because that is what the KB article 2817527 says)

  • Hi Mike,

    the date is always the release date. Even if it is the June CU it was re-released on July 10th.

    And it can contain fixes up to this date.

    Cheers,

    Stefan

  • Can we get any insight into the issues caused by the June 2013 CU? We installed it at Microsoft's recommendation to fix another issue and are now trying to determine how urgent the re-application needs to be.

  • Hi B.J.,

    I cannot provide more details here right now - but if I were you I would asap install it.

    Cheers,

    Stefan

  • I'm geting the "The expected version of the product was not found on the system" when trying to install the June 2013 CU (re-release one) for SP 2010. Anybody know about that?

    TIA!!

  • Hi WC this usually indicates that SP1 for Sharepoint Server 2010 or for one of the installed language packs is missing.

    Cheers,

    Stefan

  • I do not have any other language packs (only English) and the last CU (June 2012) was installed with no problem. What do I do now? This is the build #: 14.0.6137.5002.

    Thanks!

  • Then you should open a support case to get the issue analyzed.

  • Hi,

    If we have install some wrong language for SP 2, can we remove that ?

    Regards

    WC

  • Hi WC,

    no need. SP2 will only update the installed languages.

    So your SP2 install upgraded the non language specific components only.

    Just install the SP2 for your language on top to update the language specific modules.

    Cheers,

    Stefan

  • Hi Stefan

    I wonder if anyone has reported issues with the creation of MySites / personal sites in farms patched with the April CU.  I had 2 almost identical farms but the farm that  is and older build  ((15.0.4420.1017).SharePoint 2013 has no issues. Whereas the April CU does not allow my users to create MySite. I have been through the technet steps around 4 times (yes I know about the web app create subsite permissions) .... I have backed up the server and currently applying the Aug CU to see if that helps.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
Raw Html Fix