Here you will find a quick synopsis of all news from Microsoft’s Cloud + Enterprise organization as it is released with links to additional information.
The Official SBS BlogThe System Center Team BlogSQL Server Team BlogWindows Azure Team BlogVirtualization Team BlogWindows Server DivisionSQL Azure Team Blog
Today, HP and Microsoft Corp. announced application appliances that will help organizations optimize employee productivity and reduce IT complexity. By fusing applications, infrastructure and productivity tools into a single system, these new appliances deliver business services in a box and replace customized and proprietary appliances that can take up to 18 months to implement. These quick to deploy appliances help employees make better decisions, communicate with others and improve productivity.
Here are the application appliances that Microsoft and HP are announcing today:
· The HP Business Decision Appliance: HP and Microsoft have greatly reduced the time and effort it takes for IT to configure, deploy and manage a comprehensive Business Intelligence (BI) solution with the HP Business Decision Appliance. This appliance includes Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint and can be installed and configured by IT in less than one hour.
o The HP Business Decision Appliance with three years of HP 24x7 hardware and software support services is available today from HP and HP/Microsoft Frontline channel partners for under $28,000. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 are licensed separately.
· HP E5000 Messaging System for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: The industry’s first self-contained, pre-configured platform for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 that delivers enterprise-class messaging to businesses of all sizes, this messaging system, which can be deployed in just a few hours, delivers large, low-cost mailboxes, centralized archiving and 24x7 access from any device.
o HP E5000 Messaging System with three years of HP 24x7 hardware and software support services will be available in March 2011 from HP and HP/Microsoft Frontline channel partners starting at $36,000. Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is licensed separately.
· The HP Database Consolidation Appliance: This appliance consolidates hundreds of databases into a single, virtual environment, providing customers with a private cloud database solution that offers self-service, on-demand scalability and dynamic elasticity with the additional control offered through an on-premises deployment.
o Optimized for SQL Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud, the appliance will be delivered as complete, pre-installed, pre-tuned hardware with rapid deployment and enhanced manageability. Similar capabilities of the appliance will be offered as a reference architecture to customers who have advanced IT skills and prefer to build their own appliance with best practice guidance from HP and Microsoft.
o This application appliance will be available later this year.
· The HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance: This is a data warehouse for SQL Server that delivers enterprise-class functionality for small and mid-sized businesses and offers increased simplicity with administrator-free operation.
· HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance (announced earlier this year): This is the industry’s most scalable, highest performing and easiest to deploy data warehouse for SQL Server. Through interoperability with the Microsoft Business Intelligence platform, customers can deliver managed BI solutions to everyone in the organization. HP currently is the only Microsoft partner to offer this appliance, optimized for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse.
o The HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance with services for site assessment, installation and start-up, as well as three years of HP 24x7 hardware and software support services is available today from HP and HP/Microsoft Frontline channel partners starting at under $2,000,000. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse is licensed separately.
Read the press release to find out more about the availability and pricing of these appliances, or learn more about the Microsoft and HP agreement for enterprise services at http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/solutions-technologies/appliances.aspx
Wow! Just can't stop clapping my hands. Great job folks.