Here you will find a quick synopsis of all news from Microsoft’s Cloud Platform organization as it is released with links to additional information.
The Official SBS BlogThe System Center Team BlogSQL Server Team BlogWindows Azure Team BlogVirtualization Team BlogWindows Server DivisionSQL Azure Team Blog
Today, Microsoft announced the recent certification of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 to fully support SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and the newly released SAP Business Suite 7. Microsoft remains committed to delivering world-class enterprise capabilities to help customers take advantage of the latest innovations through joint Microsoft and SAP development.
Customer’s realizing the benefits of migrating to the Microsoft Platform with SAP include:
· QR Limited acknowledges that Microsoft’s application platform, including Windows Server and SQL Server, provides availability that is equal or superior to their experiences on IBM DB2 and the mainframe. Since moving SAP to SQL Server, QR Limited is experiencing up to a 40 percent faster SAP transactional response time.
· Kimball International Inc. recognizes up to 50 percent more processing power in using Microsoft’s Windows Server and SQL Server over an Oracle/Unix-based environment. Kimball International Inc. has achieved ROI within 12 month and has seen a savings of $450,000.
· SABMiller RUS found that Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V helped to reduce infrastructure costs by almost 50 percent and expects 234 percent ROI.
Additionally, customers can enjoy new enterprise services and support including:
· HP Microsoft Virtualization Infrastructure Service offerings provide customers with technical resources, prescriptive guidance and best practices to enable virtualized implementations of SAP Business Suite 7 and other critical business applications. Service offerings include:
o Virtualization strategy
o Virtual Machine Management
· Worldwide availability of Premier Mission Critical Support, Microsoft Services recently announced an add-on designed to deliver Enterprise customers enhanced support for mission-critical solutions. Premier Mission Critical supports Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2005 SP2 & SP3 and SQL Server 2008. Through this support, Microsoft will provide its customers the following:
o Guaranteed response times backed by financial credits
o Round-the-clock access to expertise
o Prioritized access to product development teams
For more information please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sap/sql, and click here to read the official press release.
PingBack from http://techtoday.110mb.com/2009/02/05/microsoft-platform-to-run-sap-apps/