Here you will find a quick synopsis of all news from Microsoft’s Cloud Platform organization as it is released with links to additional information.
The Official SBS BlogThe System Center Team BlogSQL Server Team BlogWindows Azure Team BlogVirtualization Team BlogWindows Server DivisionSQL Azure Team Blog
Today, at Tech Ed 2008 Developers in Orlando, FL Bill Gates delivered a keynote address in which he reflected on the company’s 33-year history with developers and shared his predictions for the future of application development. He also made several product-related announcements that build on Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET Framework 3.5, and demonstrate how the company’s integrated toolset and platform help developers build rich, interactive applications from the Web to the desktop, work in heterogeneous environments and much more. The announcements include the following:
· Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) beta 2 will be available this August in 20 languages worldwide.
· Availability this week of Silverlight 2 beta 2, with a commercial Go Live license
· IBM and Microsoft have agreed to work together to integrate IBM DB2 database access with Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition.
· Multiple partner wins and the latest community technology preview (CTP) of the Microsoft Sync Framework.
· The first CTP of the Microsoft project code-named “Velocity,” a distributed, in-memory application cache platform.
· Ongoing momentum for Microsoft code-name “Oslo.”
· A new version of Visual Studio 2008 extensions for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 v1.2.
To read the press release, view the full Bill Gates keynote, and get more information about the event, visit the Tech Ed 2008 Virtual Press Room at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/teched/default.mspx
More information on today’s announcements can be found on these blogs:
S. Somasegar, Senior Vice President, Developer Division, Microsoft: http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/
Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, Developer Division, Microsoft: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/
The Data Platform Insider: http://blogs.technet.com/dataplatforminsider/
Steven Martin, Director of Product Management, Connected Systems Division: http://blogs.msdn.com/stevemar/default.aspx
Visit TechEd Online for more on the 2008 Developers Conference.
PingBack from http://livesino.net/archives/915.live