Here you will find a quick synopsis of all news from Microsoft’s Cloud & Enterprise organization as it is released with links to additional information.
The Official SBS BlogThe System Center Team BlogSQL Server Team BlogWindows Azure Team BlogVirtualization Team BlogWindows Server DivisionSQL Azure Team Blog
Today at Storage Networking World (SNW), Microsoft announced the release to manufacturing (RTM) of System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 (DPM).
DPM 2007, the new standard for Windows data protection, enables rapid and reliable recovery through advanced technology for enterprises of all sizes.
New features in Data Protection Manager 2007 include:
· Support for Microsoft Exchange, including advanced configurations such as E12 CCR and LCR clusters
· Support for Microsoft SQL, including advanced configurations such as SQL 2005 mirror clusters and shortened backup windows without the need for compression
· Support for Microsoft SharePoint, including WebFarm backup and flexible site and item level restores.
· Zero data loss recovery for applications
· Shorter backup windows and smaller full backups thanks to Express Full technology
· Efficient use of existing infrastructure, including reduced space requirements for Backup to Disk.
· Enables end users to do their own recoveries and integrates the End User Recovery experience into windows. Recoveries are as simple a right mouse click
· Bare Metal Recovery for Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows XP.
In addition at SNW, industry partners Sanbolic, Hitachi and ProStor Systems announced new solutions based on Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 that provide ease of integration with existing infrastructures or heterogeneous file-serving environments.
For more information and specifics on DPM 2007 and Microsoft’s strategy in the storage space, please visit our PressPass feature or the Windows Server blog.