Microsoft SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse for Hewlett-Packard: Technical Overview and Reference Architecture
This webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:00 AM Eastern/8:00 AM Pacific and is open to HP Customers, HP Channel Partners and HP Employees
Microsoft SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse for Hewlett-Packard (HP) servers, storage and networking products provides a prescriptive approach for balancing server, storage, network and software configurations for architecting Microsoft SQL Server 2008 data warehouse solutions. HP reference architectures and performance guidelines provide server and storage guidance for various data warehouse workloads—giving you the most efficient hardware for your solution, saving you time and cost in choosing the right technology, and giving you peace of mind that the right platform and architecture is in place.
This technical webinar will describe best practices in support of Fast Track Data Warehouse for Hewlett-Packard, based on actual testing performed by the engineer conducting the webinar. Two reference configurations, implemented in a SMP (Symmetrical Multi Processing) architecture, capable of handling tens of terabytes, will be described:
· ProLiant DL380 G6 servers and MSA2000fc storage
· ProLiant DL580 G5 servers and MSA2000fc storage
· ProLiant DL385 G6 servers and MSA2000fc storage
· ProLiant DL585 G6 servers and MSA2000fc storage
· ProLiant DL785 G6 servers and MSA2000fc storage
The target audience for the webinar includes IT planners, architects, DBAs, CTOs, and business intelligence (BI) users with an interest in options for BI applications and the factors that affect those options.
To register for this webinar please click here and follow these instructions
1. If you have already registered at our webpage please sign in using the username and password that you created, then skip to step 5
2. Click on "first time user"
3. Signup password is: apswebinars (this is the only time you will need to enter this password)
4. Enter information requested to create a login user (please make note of the username and password that you create)
5. After login, select "Course Catalog"
6. Select the course you would like to register for
7. Click Signup for course
8. Confirm the course
9. Click Confirm signup
Please contact HP APS for questions, comments or concerns
Technical Overview and Reference Architecture