I was recently just asked for some best practices on SSIS, and put together a collection of the below whitepapers/articles that discuss good practices for SSIS package design/development.
· Top 10 SQL Server Integration Services Best Practices - http://sqlcat.com/top10lists/archive/2008/10/01/top-10-sql-server-integration-services-best-practices.aspx
· Best Practices for Integration Services Configurations - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc671628.aspx
· Using the Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity with SQL Server 2008 Integration Services - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee470675.aspx
· We Loaded 1 Terabyte in 30 Minutes with SSIS, and So Can You - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd537533.aspx
· Considerations for High Volume ETL Using SQL Server Integration Services - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc671624.aspx
· Defining a Configuration Approach for Integration Services Packages - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc671625.aspx
This should help by reducing your time in finding the above articles.
Thank you Shashank for sharing useful links.