This is another case where I'm just passing information along here, based on the great work of others. As you probably know, we did not have a good story for SharePoint-hosted apps in web application that uses SAML authentication with ADFS 2.0. However, I have had reports from a couple of different teams now that they ARE working with ADFS 3.0. The main differences that are needed to make this work include:
$sts = Get-SPTrustedIdentityTokenIssuer $sts.UseWReplyParameter = $true $sts.Update()
One other thing to note - the behavior to use the wreply parameter is supposed to be turned on by default in an upcoming CU. I heard it was the April 2014 CU actually but have not had a chance to see if that is really in there or not. It won't hurt to run the PowerShell above though.
This is good news, thanks for those of you that shared your experiences!
Looking at my SP1 + Apr 2014 CU farm, UseWReplyParameter is set to false.
Thanks for sharing Steve, I confirm Trevor's message, in mine is also $false