Subscriptions in Windows Azure Pack (WAP) shows “Out of Sync"

 

Environment:

WAP and SPF installed on same server
SCVMM: system center virtual machine manager 2012 R2 UR1

Issue:

Unable to Work with WAP getting error “Out of Sync" as show below

Troubleshooting:

Log Name:     
Source:        Microsoft-ServiceProviderFoundation
Date:          2/21/2014 2:43:26 PM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: (65524)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      None
User:          N/A
Computer:      wap.local
Description:
Component: Provider 

Failed to create subscription. Reason: Message : An error occurred while processing this request., InnerMessage: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"><m:code /><m:message xml:lang="en-US">An error occurred while processing this request.</m:message><m:innererror><m:message>Invoking method Update of type Microsoft.SystemCenter.Foundation.Psws.Spf.SpfOperationManager failed. Cause of the problem: UserRole update failed on some VMM servers: wilvmmv1;</m:message><m:type>Microsoft.Management.Odata.CustomModuleInvocationFailedException</m:type><m:stacktrace>   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.InvokeMethod(IInvoker invoker, String functionName, String resourceTypeName, Boolean ignoreNotImplementedException)&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.CUDRequest(CommandType commandType, ResourceType resourceType, Dictionary`2 properties, Dictionary`2 urlParams)&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.EntityUpdate.InvokeCommand()&#xD;
   at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.DataServiceUpdateProvider.SaveChanges()&#xD;
   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleNonBatchRequest(RequestDescription description)&#xD;
   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()</m:stacktrace><m:internalexception><m:message>UserRole update failed on some VMM servers:  
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)&#xD;
   at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)</m:stacktrace></m:internalexception></m:innererror></m:error>

  • When we tried to check the tenant is created in VMM server we found that the tenant is created
  • When we checked the jobs in SCVMM we found the below job with error

Error (20413)
VMM encountered a critical exception and created an exception report at C:\ProgramData\VMMLogs\SCVMM.b7cc18df-1adf-435e-9e7a-0e808e02de19\report.txt.
 
Recommended Action
See the report for more details and search user forums for well-known failure root causes for self-help.

  • When we looked in to above report file found below information

“EventType=VMM20
P1(appName)=vmmservice.exe
P2(appVersion)=3.2.7620.0
P3(assemblyName)=Utils.dll
P4(assemblyVer)=3.2.7620.0
P5(methodName)=Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.SqlRetryCommand.ExecuteNonQuery
P6(exceptionType)=Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.CarmineSqlException
P7(callstackHash)=4c11

SCVMM Version=3.2.7620.0
SCVMM flavor=C-buddy-RTL-AMD64
Default Assembly Version=3.2.7620.0
Executable Name=vmmservice.exe
Executable Version=3.2.7510.0
Base Exception Target Site=140706051082968
Base Exception Assembly name=System.Data.dll
Base Exception Method Name=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError
Exception Message=Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.
Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again.
EIP=0x00007ff8c0beab78
Build bit-size=64

----------------------------------------------------
------------ exceptionObject.ToString() ------------
----------------------------------------------------
Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.CarmineSqlException: Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.
Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function prc_RBS_UserRoleSharedObjectRelation_Insert has too many arguments specified.”

 Solution:

 Based on the above findings it looks like we have not applied the SQL script in which comes with SCVMM 2012 UR1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2904712

After applying the script we are able to add the subscriptions successfully and it synced without any errors.