Subscriptions in Windows Azure Pack (WAP) shows “Out of Sync"
WAP and SPF installed on same server SCVMM: system center virtual machine manager 2012 R2 UR1
Unable to Work with WAP getting error “Out of Sync" as show below
When we try to subscribe plans and we are getting error “An error occurred while processing this request”
Followed the below blog of “General Troubleshooting List for Windows Azure Pack (WAP) and SPF Integration”
Still getting the ““Out of Sync"
Log Name: Source: Microsoft-ServiceProviderFoundationDate: 2/21/2014 2:43:26 PMEvent ID: 10Task Category: (65524)Level: ErrorKeywords: NoneUser: N/AComputer: wap.localDescription:Component: Provider
Failed to create subscription. Reason: Message : An error occurred while processing this request., InnerMessage: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"><m:code /><m:message xml:lang="en-US">An error occurred while processing this request.</m:message><m:innererror><m:message>Invoking method Update of type Microsoft.SystemCenter.Foundation.Psws.Spf.SpfOperationManager failed. Cause of the problem: UserRole update failed on some VMM servers: wilvmmv1;</m:message><m:type>Microsoft.Management.Odata.CustomModuleInvocationFailedException</m:type><m:stacktrace> at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.InvokeMethod(IInvoker invoker, String functionName, String resourceTypeName, Boolean ignoreNotImplementedException)
at Microsoft.Management.Odata.Core.OperationManagerAdapter.CUDRequest(CommandType commandType, ResourceType resourceType, Dictionary`2 properties, Dictionary`2 urlParams)
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleNonBatchRequest(RequestDescription description)
at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()</m:stacktrace><m:internalexception><m:message>UserRole update failed on some VMM servers: at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)</m:stacktrace></m:internalexception></m:innererror></m:error>
When we checked the jobs in SCVMM we found the below job with error
Error (20413)VMM encountered a critical exception and created an exception report at C:\ProgramData\VMMLogs\SCVMM.b7cc18df-1adf-435e-9e7a-0e808e02de19\report.txt. Recommended ActionSee the report for more details and search user forums for well-known failure root causes for self-help.
When we looked in to above report file found below information
SCVMM Version=3.2.7620.0SCVMM flavor=C-buddy-RTL-AMD64Default Assembly Version=3.2.7620.0Executable Name=vmmservice.exeExecutable Version=3.2.7510.0Base Exception Target Site=140706051082968Base Exception Assembly name=System.Data.dllBase Exception Method Name=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnErrorException Message=Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again.EIP=0x00007ff8c0beab78Build bit-size=64
---------------------------------------------------------------- exceptionObject.ToString() ----------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.CarmineSqlException: Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure.Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function prc_RBS_UserRoleSharedObjectRelation_Insert has too many arguments specified.”
Based on the above findings it looks like we have not applied the SQL script in which comes with SCVMM 2012 UR1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2904712
After applying the script we are able to add the subscriptions successfully and it synced without any errors.
Whenever try to select or right click on the Self-Service user roles in SCVMM console. The console crashes with below error
Description: Stopped working
Problem signature: Problem Event Name : CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: vmmadmin.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.0.523.0 Problem Signature 03: 4d432cdf Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms Problem Signature 05: 220.127.116.11 Problem Signature 06: 4f682206 Problem Signature 07: 14d0 Problem Signature 08: 23 Problem Signature 09: System.ObjectDisposedException OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10 Locale ID: 1033
The assigned resources (Templates) has been deleted or moved to different location
When Self-Service user role is selected it will try finding the assigned resources. Since assigned resource doesn’t exist it will through the above exception
1. Click on start -> All Programs-> Virtual Machine Manager-> right click on “Virtual Machine Manager Command Shell” Run as Administrator
The below commands will help you to delete the problematic SSP user role from SCVMM
2. Get-VMMUserRole –Name “Name of the SSP user role which you want to delete”
3. $UR= Get-VMMUserRole –Name “Name of the SSP user role which you want to delete”
4. Remove-VMMUserRole –UserRole $UR
New virtual machine deployment through the template will fail with the Error 1700 at 1.6 Virtual machine customize phase. Same time SCVMM Admin Console crashes with error 1612 and Event ID 19999 and 1 are logged to the VM Manager Event log.
Error (1700)The Virtual Machine Manager Service on the SCVMM server stopped while this job was running. This may have been caused by a system restart.Recommended ActionTo restart this job, navigate to the Jobs view and select the job in the results pane. Then, in the Actions pane, click Restart.
Event ID’s in VM Manager Event logs:
Log Name: VM ManagerSource: Virtual Machine ManagerDate: 8/17/2012 2:09:40 PMEvent ID: 19999Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: SCVMM serverDescription:Virtual Machine Manager (vmmservice: 1680) has encountered an error and needed to exit the process. Windows generated an error report with the following parameters: Event:VMM20P1(appName):vmmserviceP2(appVersion):2.0.4521.0P3(assemblyName):SysPrepInfUtilP4(assemblyVer):2.0.4521.0P5(methodName):M.V.W.UnattendXMLFile..ctorP6(exceptionType):S.IO.FileLoadExceptionP7(callstackHash):7ac4
Source: Virtual Machine ManagerDate: 8/17/2012 2:09:40 PMEvent ID: 1Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: SCVMM server Description:System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)File name: 'Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'at Microsoft.VirtualManager.WorkloadCreation.UnattendXMLFile..ctor(String path, Version osVersion, Architecture arch, ProductType ptype)at Microsoft.VirtualManager.WorkloadCreation.UnattendXMLFile.CreateUnattendXMLFile(String path, Version osVersion, Architecture arch, ProductType ptype)at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.CustomizeVMSubtask.createAnswerFile(OSConfig osfg, String answerfilepath) at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.CustomizeVMSubtask.generateAnswerFile() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.CustomizeVMSubtask.RunSubtask() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.TaskRepository.SubtaskBase.Run() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.NewVmFromTemplateSubtask.PostVmCreationCustomize() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.NewVmSubtaskBase.RunNewVmSubtasks() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.VmOperations.NewVmSubtaskBase.RunSubtask() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.TaskRepository.SubtaskBase.Run() at Microsoft.VirtualManager.Engine.TaskRepository.Task`1.SubtaskRun(Object state)WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].-2146234304
This issue occurs if the Virtual Machine Manager Server assembly doesn’t match and also If WAIK installed manually
Current version: Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface, Version=126.96.36.199
Expected Version: Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface, Version=188.8.131.52
Host Shows Needs Attention status in SCVMM console and trying to refresh the host errors out with:
Error(2910)VMM does not have appropriate permissions to access the resource on the Host1.localserver.(Access is denied (0x80070005))
Recommended ActionEnsure That Virtual Machine Manager has the appropriate rights to perform this action
When we try to add new host in SCVMM will get below error
A lot of evidence pointed to WMI issues on the host.
Net Mon Trace Details:
Net Mon trace also showed (packet going from host to VMM server): HTTP:Response, HTTP/1.1, Status: Unauthorized,URL: /wsman using Multiple Authentication Methods, see framedetails. However, the Net Mon trace also showed an odd communication that was happening between the host and the VMMserver. The packet sequence No’s are changing sent and received. There issomething intercepting the communication between the host and VMM server that caused this issue.
Http: Response, HTTP/1.1, Status: Unauthorized, URL: /wsman Using Multiple Authetication Methods, see frame detailsProtocolVersion: HTTP/1.1StatusCode: 401, UnauthorizedReason: Unauthorized
There were Riverbed devices at each location that were optimizing traffic between VMM server and host.
Riverbed Devices needs to be modified to pass-through (exclude) all communications between the SCVMM server and hosts.
SCVMM and SCVMM R2 P2V fails with Error 2910 (0x80070005) Access Deniedhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/969965
P2V fails with Error 2910 (0x80070005) Access Deniedhttp://blogs.technet.com/b/mbriggs/archive/2010/11/12/p2v-fails-with-error-2910-0x80070005-access-denied.aspx
I recently went through sequencing the ConfigMgr 2007 admin console and thought I’d share what I learned with you here. When trying to Sequence (virtualize) the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Administrator’s Console, the resulting package will generate the following error and fail to run:
MMC cannot initialize the snap-in
Using the steps below, you can virtualize the admin console and have it run successfully.
NOTE In my example below it is assumed that I am Sequencing the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 Admin Console for the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
1. Follow Best Practices for the Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351420.aspx
2. Build the clean system with 64-bit version of Windows 7 SP1 and join it to the domain.
3. Install the APPV 4.6 SP1 Sequencer with Hotfix 3 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2571168). Launch the Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer and select Create New Virtual Application Package.
4. Select Create Package (Default) option and Click Next. Note that Prepare the Computer for Creating a Virtual Package may give the Warning “Windows Defender is active”. If so, launch the Services.msc snap-in and stop the Windows Defender service. After doing so, click refresh and then click Next.
5. Select the Standard Application (default) option and click Next.
6. On the Select Installer Screen, browse to “SPLASH.HTA” on the Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) installation media and click Next.
7. Name the Package SCCMConsole.001 and leave other options as the defaults and click Next.
8. Once the ConfigMgr installation screen appears, click Install Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and click Next.
9. Select Install or Upgrade an Administrator Console and click Next.
10. Accept license agreement and Click Next.
11. Select No, I do not want to participate right now and click Next.
12. Leave the Destination Folder to the default (i.e. C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager Console\) and click Next.
13. Provide your site Server Name and Click Next, then Next again.
14. Ensure the Pre-check passes then click on Begin Install.
15. Once the installation finishes click Next and then click Finish.
16. Back on the Installation screen on the Sequencer, click on the “Run” option to install the ConfigMgr R3 prerequisite hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977384) and R3.
17. Provide the path to the 977384 hotfix and choose Install.
18. When complete and back at the Installation screen on the Sequencer, click on the “Run” option to install R3.
19. Click on Run and provide the path to R3’s “SPLASH.HTA” and click Next and install R3.
20. When complete, click on I am Finished installing
21. Select the ConfigMgr console and run it. After launching the console close it. Click Next to review the installation report and click Next when you’re done.
22. Select the Customize option and click Next
23. Now under Edit Short Cut screen, right Click and edit the ConfigMgr Console.
24 Click on “Change Icon…” and browse to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager Console\bin\i386\” and select “SETUP.EXE”
25. Select the proper icon and provide the version No: 4.00.6487.2157
26. Click “Save”
27. Right click “ConfigMgr Documentation” and click “Edit”
28. Click on “Change Icon…” and browse to “C:\Windows” and select “hh”
29. Select the proper icon and click “Save”
30. Right click on ConfigMgr setup and select Remove.
31. Right click on ConfigMgr Setup Repair Wizard and select Remove.
32. Click next and then Run ALL.
33. Select the Target OS, click Next and then select Create the Package. The Package will be saved as SCMMConsole.001.
34. Copy the Package to the App-V management content share.
35. Edit the OSD file of ConfigMgr Console.OSD in Notepad. Change the VALUE of <SUBSYSTEM VALUE= "windows"/> to <SUBSYSTEM VALUE= "console"/> and save the OSD file.
36. Now follow the normal procedure to import the Package in to your APPV Management server and verify that the console is published to the APPV users.
When you double click ConfigMgr Console on an App-V client you may see the error “MMC cannot initialize the snap-in.” If so, hold the Shift Key and right-click on ConfigMgr Console and select Run as different user. Provide whichever user credentials that have access to the ConfigMgr site server.