1. User browses to Project Center (/projects.aspx) using FireFox 9.0.1 and 8
2. Browser displays “The Web Part requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0”
Resolution: By design, seems that the wording in the technet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff631137.aspx, is a little confusing. It says “the Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 update provides support for additional web browsers to access Project Web App pages that are most frequently used by team members”.
The highlighted text is the key. Troubleshooting steps:
1. Installed FireFox 9.0.1
2. Reproduced the error above by browsing to /projects.aspx
3. Browsed to ‘Tasks’ and was able to browse successfully.
4. Consulted with Project Server PFE and he verified the same.
5. He pointed out that a Team Member is a role in Project server that can only access certain pages using FireFox 3.6.8+ according to the technect article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff631137.aspx,
6. The pages are: Project Web App (PWA) main default page (default.aspx)
All pages in the "My Work" section in the Quick Launch. This includes the following:
Issues and Risks
Fight comparison: This was Trinidad vs Vargas…after Vargas almost got knocked out in the opening round, he reached out to his corner and regrouped. He almost took down Trinidad, unlike him, I came out on top.