Recently we got multiple issues where the SUA performance was getting impacted on multi-processor machines. While the issue is still being diagnosed for the root cause, we were able to get a workaround around this.
Some of the common issues were:
Steps to configure WSRM:
1. Installation: Adding feature
2. Step 1 will need reboot. Once done, open WSRM
3. Steps to configure WSRM
4. Adding a New resource Allocation policy
5. Giving the policy name
6. Selecting a new process matching criteria
7. Gving the criteria name
8. selecting the running process (psxss.exe in this case)
10. Selecting the resource allocation (0 in this case as we want SUA to only use 1 CPU)
11. You will get the message below
12. selecting the percentage of resource allocated (24 in this case as we have total 4 processor and have opted to use only 1 for SUA)
13. Now we need to right click on the profile and mark it as "Set as Managing policy"
14. To verify the same from task manager (check the processor affinity)
Once done, please monitor the SUA performance.